Kid threatens to kill the President *Video*

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zwhaler, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Some very little ~6 year old kid on the internet tells the world that he is going to kill the president. He doesn't say when why, or how, and really just goes in circles for 8 minutes. I don't think he realizes that this type of thing is a very serious crime, but I have yet to hear any news of what has happened to him. Besides the thought of "what has the country come to", all I can really say is that people who disagree with the president need to keep it at that, and for this kid, someone needs to make it clear that you can't just go out and say you want to kill the President, but obviously this kid didn't form his opinion on his own, so nothing can really be done. Btw, it is not me in the beginning and end of video. Also, I wouldn't recommend watching this at work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obJM1qDjbws

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I watched the video earlier in the week, found it pretty amusing. I am curious if they will take any action against the kid.

Either way I would bet $5 this kid is in jail by the time he is 18 for one reason or another.

jon

4. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

his father will be calling Cuba "Home" within a couple of weeks.

5. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

6. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Doesn't that video and audio seem out of sync?

All is not what it seems on the intertubes.

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

freakin hell! http://upc.*************/uploads/smilies/insane.gif

8. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

This is why parents shouldn't let children have computers in their rooms.

9. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

10. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

So - we're all about free speech, but uttering six simple words is ground for having your whole family deported to Cuba? I don't get why saying you want to off the chief is such a severe offense.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Free speech does have its limits. Slander, libel, etc. are not protected under free speech. Neither are threats, which this could be, granted it is coming from a young kid, so I doubt there will be any legal consequences. If an adult said these things on YouTube, I believe they would be getting a visit from the Secret Service.

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

to me this just screams how sad our politics is. People are getting worked up over BS. Plus the parents are pushing the kid to do that. Best bet is the parents are worth investigating over this because something is wrong there.

13. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

Quite the brainwashed kid, no? The parrents should be arrested for this...and the kid taken into protective custody.

14. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Little severe don't you think? What if it was a babysitter or Uncle or Grandparent or something? Unless you really think he's going to do it.

My Nephew is only 10 and hates Bush, despite both Parents and one set of Grandparents being stringent Republicans.

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

And millions around the world whose lives Bush's policies have left in tatters share his sentiments.

17. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

He's an observant one, that kid.

Served well by the Bush administration, but he sees those around him who aren't so lucky, and it pisses him off more than most adults I know.

18. JoshLV macrumors regular

This isn't even him speaking (unless it was translated). Look at his lips and listen. It doesn't match at all.

19. aethelbert macrumors 601

I wonder if the kid realizes who would take office after he goes through with this one...

20. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Aww...:(

:D

21. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Don't worry these days making jokes of this sort about the President are now equal to jokes about guns and bombs in the airport.

Strike one for free speech, it was included in the Legislation after 9/11.

At least I think it was.

Beforehand, you just got put on a list and stuck in "protective custody" when the President was in town. Which happened to some people at my high school, who would have been in jail if they hand done it post-9/11.

22. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

something else is making him that way. You perhaps He more than likely looks up to you and picks up on the fact you do not like bush.

I do not think he can understand the greater things in this world.

I have learned one thing about kids is young kids tend to copy some one else and just do not have the ability to understand the facts behind it. They pick up on others moods very well.

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Funny that I never mentioned it around him, he just said it one day in response to something that had nothing to do with Bush. He also lives kinda far away, and I don't see him that often. Couldn't possibly be that it's because Bush is a bad President. He just is. Face it.

Gets it a lot more than some adults I know.

As I pointed out, both Parents and the Grandparents he sees most are ardent Republicans who still support Bush. He said it was because of the war and the economy and a lot of other reasons we've mentioned that I, again, had never brought up to him because I try not to talk too much about politics around family. Not like it's just me either though, there's a whole nother thread here about Bush's record low approval rating and high disapproval. I'd say he has every reason to dislike him, just as much as almost everyone else paying attention does.

Still waiting for something Bush did right too. You never did tell us. Instead you just call us the partisan ones. All 71% of us, complete with reasons to back up our opinions.

24. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I've warned you all before. When we were on our hands and knees for the babies, I lead the anti-babite marches, I stood on the street corner and preached the one true word for all to hear. And yet here we find ourselves, in the presence no longer of the spawned tadpoles of destruction, but in the presence of the children of the damned. You sit idly by, comfortable in your homes and places of worship, with your colour tee vees and your high-fallutin' internet, while these new threats continue to grow ever bigger, ever stronger, now to the size where they can threaten our very president, our establishment, our way of life!

Nay I say! For too long have we lived under the blanket of fear, paralyzed by our terror. We stand in line at the McDonalds, we shell out our hard earned monies on happy meals and cookies that only further serve to subjugate the adults, to take away our lives and our freedoms. Stand up for your rights! Stand up against the children of the night! Throw off the shackles of the bourgeoisie!

25. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I have no idea what you just said, but I'm pretty sure it was awesome.