Kids Games in classic- can they be installed on Hard drive?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by calafral, Nov 16, 2007.

1. calafral macrumors newbie

I recently upgraded my daughters iMac to a slot loading model. This was not the best idea because she loaded two disks ontop of each other in the drive. I replaced the drive- but I would like to remove the game disks from the equation. Is there a way to install the game so that you no longer need the disk. We are running os 10.3 and the games run in Classic mode (Games are preschool activities). Does this make sense? Thanks for any help.

2. jellomizer macrumors 6502

jellomizer

This sometimes works and sometimes doesn't depending on the program and how it looks for the drive...

Put the Game Disk in. Go to Utilities->Disk Utilities.

Choose the CD Image in the side box go to File -> New -> Disk Image from (it will give the name of the CD) Give it a File name for type choose CD/DVD Master. This will create a cdr file.

Once you create it you can double click on the .cdr file and try to run the program. As I stated before this sometimes works and sometimes doesn't depending on how the game maker decides that the CD is in or not.

3. calafral thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try it

Thanks for the quick response. I will try a few this week and see what works.