Kids learn hate at Afghan mosque

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Apple OC, May 14, 2011.

1. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

"Do you want them to leave? "Yes!" they yell. "We want our country to be peaceful. They are the devil.""

Sounds like a pretty logical and reasonable response from the perspective of people in an occupied land.

3. Apple OC thread starter macrumors 68040

Apple OC

how about the suicide vests? ... do you also see that as logical?

4. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Indoctrination is never a good thing, if people don't learn to think for themselves they'll believe anything.

Today its "we want them out of our country" tomorrow its "kill them at location X so they cannot invade our country..."

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

What, extremists enlisting the impressionable via religious means for political and geopolitical reasons? Say it isn't so!

Maybe if we didn't directly make some of these monsters in the first place (look at the history of the mujahideen)....well jeez none of this blowback would occur decades down the line where no one in the great states of historical amnesia could put it in context.

(Believe it or not) These people have legitimate reasons to hate the USA. And by USA I mean the USA government and military, most of the middle eastern world has positive views of the american people.

If we really wanted terrorism in the world to end, maybe we should stop participating and directly supporting it. Ever think of that?

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

When you're completely over-powered, you have to use whatever means are at your disposal.

You know what would be really illogical? Putting on a uniform and marching against a vastly superior enemy.

Suicide vests are quite logical.

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Especially given the point isn't to actually fight our troops, merely cause chaos and terror.

Maddow had a great analysis after OBL's death that focused on his economical breakdown of 9/11. In it he spoke about how the attack cost him $500,000. He then spoke about how at that point (2004) America had spent over $1 Trillion in response, and continues to pour money into the response. He laid out exactly how this response is exactly what he was hoping for and how it will lead to massive problems both internationally with the USA in so much debt and domestically as politics becomes more polarized in conflict with continuing the spending while the country takes massive economic damage.

Why do we continue to do EXACTLY what our enemies expect and hope we do? Are our country's leaders retarded, supremely ignorant, or just plain evil? I don't get how we can continue the path laid out years ago by our enemies. :confused::confused:

8. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

You know what would be the most logical thing to do? Stop the suicide attacks, etc. That would be the fastest way to get us to leave. We are not there to occupy the country, but to help stabilize it. The more they fight and destabilize the region, the longer we are going to have a presence there. This goes the same for Iraq. The faster both countries stabilize, the faster our troops will withdraw.

That's my logic. Don't know if Bush or Obama follow the same belief.

9. Apple OC thread starter macrumors 68040

Apple OC

people that think a suicide vest is logical ... still have a lot to learn about life.

we are logically programmed to survive ... suicide goes against that.

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

We are occupying the country, and we are supporting an utterly corrupt regime. You can't just expect people to stop resisting an occupation. It doesn't work in Palestine and it won't work in Afghanistan.

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Do you understand what an extremist is? Personal logic doesn't matter, these people already are willing to lay their lives down.

By the way, soldiers in combat knowingly walk into battle, not so logical on their part.

12. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Edit: doh

13. Apple OC thread starter macrumors 68040

Apple OC

The regime? ... do you mean the Taliban or the Afghan government?

as soon as we leave ... the country will revert back to Taliban law ... very sad especially if you are female.

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Things are dire for women already under the USA backed government....

15. Apple OC thread starter macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Nato soldiers are logical and blowing themselves up is never an option ... suicide missions come from unstable minds

living as a female under Taliban law is extremely more difficult and dangerous ... pure evil

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Both are viewpoints of potential suicide for a cause. You just happen to identify with one of those causes.

WTF is "Taliban Law"? Do you know anything about the middle east aside from what the main news channels say?

17. Apple OC thread starter macrumors 68040

Apple OC

apparently I know more than you do :rolleyes:

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm sure you meant to refer to "Sharia Law" ? :confused:

19. Apple OC thread starter macrumors 68040

Apple OC

nope ... call it "Taliban Rule" if you want

read up on it if you like

http://www.rawa.org/rules.htm

20. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I didn't say we weren't an occupying force, but our intentions are not to be an occupying force. We are there providing security until they can defend themselves.

We would leave much sooner if they were not resisting in violent ways. I'm not saying it will work, but what reason would we have to keep our troops in those countries now that Bin Laden has been killed, violence has gone down, etc? If we didn't leave, it would be a massive PR mess bigger than it is right now.

21. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Oh please I'm a "good liberal" as a general rule anti violence anti war roughly 98% of the time.

If your not willing to apply those same standards to everyone than things just get ridiculous.

Teaching kids to become suicide bombers is BAD any way you slice it this is NOT A GOOD THING.

Stop defending it just because it's happening in a part of the world the west has screwed for the last 4 decades. This is still indefensible.

22. Rt&Dzine, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011

Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Why do you think 9/11 and other similar attacks happened? Bin Laden himself was a product of this type of education. I remember seeing similar videos in the past 10 years. A bit dated, but here's an article from 2002 that gives some background information and historical context of Saudi anti-American education.

http://www.boston.com/news/packages/underattack/news/driving_a_wedge/part2.shtml

A few interesting excerpts from the article:

23. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Just curious. Would a NATO soldier who throws himself on a grenade to save his fellow soldiers be a hero or just someone with an unstable mind?

If so we should really stop honoring these people.

24. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I can agree with you that it's not a GOOD thing.

I was simply answering that I can understand why they would resort to it.

Had I been asked whether it was GOOD, instead of whether it was LOGICAL, my answer would have been different.

25. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

In a real democracy, it is valid to ask whether the distinction between civilians and military is anything more than a politically-convenient construct. It is, after all, us "civilians" who vote into office governments which start wars, invade other countries, seize their assets and resources, massacre their citizens, install puppet governments and support dictators throughout the world. Are we not responsible for the actions of our elected leaders? Without our support, they would be unable to do these things.