Kids not allowed in public park duing school hours

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Shivetya, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Shivetya macrumors 65816

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1009/664957.html

Apparently because they are kids from a private school. I guess their parents don't pay property taxes or taxes on goods or services purchased in the city.

Amazing what politicians will do just to get their way. Take it out on the children because of their hatred.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

surely this doesnt apply to supervised children?

you could argue that the kids themselves shouldnt be at the park as they dont pay any form of taxes

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

4. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

This is Kensington we're talking about. For the most part, one of the biggest bunch of self-rightous <fill in obscenity> you can imagine.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

Neither do illegals, but they can be found at parks, and hospitals benefiting from taxpayers money...

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Ridiculous. $4000 for upkeep? Our playgrounds had slides, tractor tires to make tunnels and crap, one of those spin wheels, a few teeter totters, and a metal monkey bar set, what the hell are they going to need upkeep on?

8. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

What tax are these parents not paying??? Surely they pay income tax like everybody else. Never heard of a "park" tax before.:confused:

9. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Wow...... Don't know what to really say about this one. I am wondering if there is something more to this. The article is quite short and it touches on one key item of the $4000.00 upkeep for the kids using the park. I am wondering if there is more to this. I am also wondering who is going to enforce this.

10. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

on its face the decision truly looks ridiculous, but i would recommend to red the comment section from the linked article, as it gives a more balanced and nuanced description.
    Clearly the local community is strongly in favor of the ban: according to them the school kids had taken over the park and pretty much excluded young local kids from using a playground designed for them. How much of this is true and how much is a purely territorial pissing contest i don't know.

it seems to me the classic mountain-of-a-molehill scenario and that a reasonable agreement should/could be reached easily.

11. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Ridiculous.

It really should be "kids not allowed," period.

Ever.

12. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Are they even being supervised in the park? If not, then I agree with the ban to protect them from kiddie-snatchers.

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Another fine example of Govt coming at you. Even the kids.

14. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Please, this isn't proof the government is evil...heck if it weren't for a government, they're likely wouldn't even be a park.

15. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Make a park then tell kids you cant use it?? No sense at all, old white hair farts running govt. Nothing new. Govt is all about control, Federal, State and even at this sad Local level. Gee and they scratch their heads and wonder why gangs are started or kids are doing more crime. Just Sad.