Killing a baby is now easier than getting relief from sinus pressure and congestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilQueen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2013
In my own world
Just heard on the radio that the morning after pill is now available over the counter, with no limit, to any age person. No parental involvement.

Heck, you can't even get real sudafed that easy. This country is messed up.

:confused:

lannister80

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2009
Chicagoland
Just heard on the radio that the morning after pill is now available over the counter, with no limit, to any age person. No parental involvement.

Repeat after me: The morning after pill DOESN'T KILL ANYTHING. All it does is prevent ovulation of an egg from an ovary.

It does NOT prevent sperm from fertilizing an already-ovulated egg, nor does it prevent a fertilized egg from implanting in the womb.

Please stop your idiotic misinformation campaign.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_contraception#Mechanism_of_action

The primary mechanism of action of progestogen-only emergency contraceptive pills is to prevent fertilization by inhibition of ovulation. The best available evidence is that they do not have any post-fertilization effects such as the prevention of implantation.
@EvilQueen: Can we can an apology, or are you deliberately lying?

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Parents SHOULD be involved at ANY time prescription meds are handed out, that said, you are not "killing" any baby, you are preventing a pregnancy in SOME cases.

lannister80

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2009
Chicagoland
Parents SHOULD be involved at ANY time prescription meds are handed out, that said, you are not "killing" any baby, you are preventing a pregnancy in SOME cases.
Luckily, Plan B is not a prescription medication, so your point is moot.

And thank you for being honest about Plan B and its effects, btw.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006

Yes, this country is messed up. This post is proof.

America is supposed to be a free country yet, here we are, with yet another person trying to complain that people are given free choice to do what they please in a free country because they go against another person's religious beliefs.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Plan B has been available over-the-counter and without age restriction fro a while now. This expands it to generics.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will now allow generic versions of Plan B One-Step — one of the most popular types of emergency contraception — to be sold over the counter to women of all ages. The move, announced in a letter from the agency last week, will effectively expand young Americans’ access to this type of contraception, particularly since generic versions of the morning after pill can be as much as $10 cheaper than Plan B.

The FDA’s old policy was essentially a concession to Big Pharma. Teva Pharmaceuticals, the company that manufactures Plan B One-Step, was granted three years of exclusive rights to sell its brand name medication over the counter without an age restriction. Generic versions, meanwhile, remained behind the pharmacy counter and were only available without a prescription to women over the age of 17, requiring an ID in order to purchase them.
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/03/03/3351531/fda-expands-access-generic-plan/

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

May I ask what station you got this conservative, religious based misinformation from, or is that your opinion?

It's called "birth control". Are you are against that? Or would you rather have humanity spit out as many babies as possible and lets not worry about how they will be taken care of? It's the bacteria standard, expand as rapidly as possible, no thought of the consequences desired other than it will make God happy.

Actually I'm thinking God is getting a bad rap on this. I think the supreme being who cares for us would want us to be smarter than that. ;)

Last edited:

lannister80

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2009
Chicagoland
should be, my wife had a nasty reaction to BC pills, still the easiest way to avoid abortion is to educate your children.
What does Plan B have to do with abortion? It's birth control, just like a condom, regular BC pills, etc.

I would hope that one would educate their children about ALL ways to avoid abortion (abstinence, birth control, etc), including Plan B.

EDIT: Curious, what "nasty reaction" did she have? And on what type of pill?

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
1.What does Plan B have to do with abortion? It's birth control, just like a condom, regular BC pills, etc.

I would hope that one would educate their children about ALL ways to avoid abortion (abstinence, birth control, etc), including Plan B.

EDIT: Curious, what "nasty reaction" did she have? And on what type of pill?
1. when I said "should be" I was talking about it being prescription.

2. she tried 2 different sets of pills . headaches/vomiting/ tingling sensation on both cases.

----------

In your expert medical opinion, I assume.
no, based on what we EXPERIENCED when the wife tried them. no worries, BC is safe for MOSTLY everyone.

lannister80

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2009
Chicagoland
1. when I said "should be" I was talking about it being prescription.
Yes, in your totally untrained, unmedical opinion.

EDIT: When I asked what it had to do with abortion, I was referring to your statement:
jkcerda said:
"still the easiest way to avoid abortion is to educate your children."
2. she tried 2 different sets of pills . headaches/vomiting/ tingling sensation on both cases.
Wow, just like dozens and dozens of other OTC medicines!

Last edited:

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
1.Yes, in your totally untrained, unmedical opinion.

2Wow, just like dozens an dozens of other OTC medicines!
1.did I at ANY time claim to have medical expertise anywhere?

2. so lets hand out medicine OTC that causes nasty side effects because it happens anyways with plenty of others? :confused:

3. I did NOTE BC is safe for most women. wife just happened to be one of the very minute unlucky ones.

EDIT, on your edit :p
it was a simple statement, nothing more.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
This is awesome, I'm gonna kill as many babies as possible. And I want Obama to reimburse me for it.

lannister80

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2009
Chicagoland
what side effects can you possibly get from the PROPER use of a condom? :confused:
Oh, you're concerned about side-effects of Plan B, sorry, I misunderstood. I thought it was some silly "morality" issue.

is Tylenol available to ANYONE of ANY age?
Uh, sure it is. Just like all other OTC meds (besides pseudoephedrine, and maybe cough syrup, basically). Got any proof otherwise?

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
I don' t understand. If parents want a say, or to know when their child buys these morning after pills why did they let their underage child have unprotected sex in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.