Kim Jong Un More Popular Than Pelosi Among Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Good job Republicans. :rolleyes:

https://amp.thedailybeast.com/kim-j...lusive-poll-results?__twitter_impression=true
    Kim Jong Un More Popular Than Pelosi Among Republicans

Self-identified Republicans now have a marginally more favorable view of Kim Jong Un than they do for House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), according to a new Ipsos poll done exclusively for The Daily Beast.

The poll of roughly 1,000 adults aged 18 and over was conducted June 14-15, shortly after President Trump’s historic summit with the North Korea dictator. According to the results, 19 percent of Republicans indicated they had a favorable view of Kim with 68 percent saying they had an unfavorable view (12 percent of voters overall had a favorable view of Kim, compared to 75 percent who viewed him unfavorably). That compared slightly better than the perception of Pelosi, who had a 17 percent favorable, 72 percent unfavorable rating among self-identified Republicans.

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Take the same poll among Democrats if anything bad happens with the negotiations.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

This shows, unfortunately, that Trump's propaganda is working on this demo.

4. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

5. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I think you would find a similar result if you compared Pelosi to even Hitler.

6. VulchR, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018

VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I'm no fan of Pelosi, but the GOP has been galloping head-long into b*****t crazy territory for decades. It's a shame.

7. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Pelosi is an irrelevant red herring. The headline should be that 19% of Republicans have a favorable opinion of the world's most brutal dictator. That's genuinely shameful.

8. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Until there is a similar poll conducted with Democrats, not much to discuss. I would wager the polls would be similar. We really aren’t talking Republican vs. Democrat, it’s just people, regardless of their party affiliation.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

Wow. Godwin's law hit in just 4 posts.

10. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Did you click through the link to actually read the poll results? In the same poll, Kim's favorability among Democrats was 8%. Still terrible, but far better than 19%.

(And, if you want to play the same irrelevant comparison game, even Trump had a higher favorability among Democrats than Kim.)

11. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

What is a self-identified republican? Or Democrat for that matter.

I personally don’t have a view on Pelosi, but I do believe there are a large population of registered Democrats who were self-identified Democrats who are now self-identified republicans.o_O

12. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 603

T'hain Esh Kelch

Technically, as soon as a topic is about Trump, we are practically discussing nazis from the start... :p

13. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

I did not click through, I assumed all of the info was present not realizing it was an excerpt to drive a bias narrative. My bad.

From the article.

So let’s look at comparisons with margins of error applied. While we will never know the true result, it is a possibility they are identical.

14. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

Recently, the GOP has been sucking up to Putin for years. Oh he’s so strong. Look at his bare chest. Unlike Obama who obviously had baby arms.

Fast forward some years and they choose an obese man you eats cheese burgers for breakfast.

15. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Possible, but statistically highly unlikely.