Carrier Kind of disappointed with the consistency of T-Mobile.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by east85, May 17, 2014.

1. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

I purchased their BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Nano SIM, popped it into my iPad only to find out that what they have listed on their website is inaccurate. I have the option to select 1GB of data for $20 on my iPad. On their website the same 1GB of data is listed as $10.

[​IMG]

Should I bother stopping in at a T-Mobile store? Am I possibly misreading something here?

The only thing I was satisfied with was that the 200/mb of LTE for free monthly was an option when I popped the SIM into my iPad. Oh well, worst case scenario I have that as a backup in my wallet if I really need it. Right now I'm still using AT&T service until next month, possibly indefinitely.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well I don't have an option for a 1 GB for $10. I think I'm forced to pay $20. They are inconsistent but that's another story. I would go to the store and see what they can do.

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Here is what I was told in the store when I got my rMini:

If you have a payment plan for the device the 1gb plan is $10 until January 2015. After that it is $20. If you already have a voice plan you get a $10 discount on tablet data.

Therefore, it is free now and $10 in 2015.

4. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Still not a badly priced in comparison to all the other options. It's going towards a good company also, they need that money to be better so why not.

5. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

I walked into a local store and asked the guy about the $20 a month plan for 3GB of data. He said it was a promotion lasting thru the end of 2014. He said I would still get the 200MB of free data as well. So I figured for $20 it's not a bad deal so I jumped on it. So far so good - great coverage and fast speeds

But I am thinking of doing the $30 a month for 5GB now. Decisions...

6. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I bought the $40 5GB plan last month. Today, I was viewing my account on my iPad, and it now says I will be billed $30 for it each month. I paid $40 for it last month. Yes it is inconsistent. Not sure what they have going on.