Kind of effing had it with the ipad asking me to re-enter the wifi pass all the time.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blow45, Aug 29, 2011.

1. blow45 macrumors 68000

So the set up is as follows, my mba my ipad, in a wifi network with so and so signal, the ipad, has less signal strength showing, but that's not the important thing, the important thing is that every other day or so, maybe more frequently, I have to re-enter the wifi password.

Is this a bug? Where the heck does it store the pass?

It's a times like these I am missing keychain access.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

There are reports of trouble with iOS devices and certain kinds of wifi security settings. Advice seems to lean toward WPA2...that's what I use (WPA2 personal) and I don't have those issues.

3. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

you might want to try upgrading the routers firmware. also if I were you I would just keep the wifi password in a program like 1Password, that way you can quickly copy and paste it when the iPad asks for it.

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

The only thing that keychain access offered was the ability to retrieve a password you could not remember. You aren't having that problem.

----------

The dropped password my be connected to the weak wifi signal and dropped connections. You might want to see what you can do to improve the signal strength.

5. blow45 thread starter macrumors 68000

thanks for the help guys, might have to get a new router anyway, 1password is a good idea, I ve been resisting it for a long time, but what with secrets (by acrylic) not being up to scratch, and icloud barring keychain sync, I guess I have to go that way.