kind of found Olde Style Expose in Lion? (pics)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ttttaylor, Jul 22, 2011.

1. ttttaylor macrumors regular

hey, just noticed that when i double tap (using my magic mouse) on a dock icon in Lion, it gives me almost the same thing as Snow Leopard Expose. the only difference from this and the SL expose is that it will only show you windows from one app at a time, rather than displaying all the open windows in the space/desktop. it even shows minimised windows the same way.

i was a huge fan of Spaces and Expose in SL, so this discovery combined with the ability to lock applications in certain spaces/desktops, and disable dashboard being it's own space/desktop... it's almost exactly like it was for me before the upgrade.

hopefully this makes somebody's day as it did mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Apple kept app expose. You can also get to it by swiping down with three fingers.

3. iGrouch macrumors member

Yes but there is the advantage that if the app is not the front app and you try to use mission control not all windows are shown i.e. docked to app icon files. With the double tap on Dock icon you are going directly to the Expose for all open windows, docked or not. The advantage is that you know the app which is associated with your open file. It is one quick step instead of many. In the DP1 version of Lion (and it must have been considered a bug) if you hovered with a multi button mouse over a Dock icon and wheeled up, it would invoke Expose for that app. It was a nice touch but I goes Apple feared that it might throw novice users. Being a mouse use I am looking for some sort of hack or tinker tool to use one of my spare buttons to work this. From experience so far though, none of the utilities such as USB Overdrive or Better Touch Tool seem to be able to communicate with hidden apps such as Dock.

Note: you can toggle through expose for each app one Expose is invoked for one app by using the tab key to cycle through the Dock. Shift tab does it in reverse.