Kind of wish apple would require apps to support icloud drive

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Saturn1217, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

Ok I don't really wish for Apple to get more restrictive instead of less but wouldn't it be amazing if all iOS apps that handled user generated files were required to support iCloud Drive? I am so sick of having to use 3 different cloud services just to use all the apps that I want on my iPad. And some of the desktop clients (*OneDrive*) have terrible desktop apps that suck at doing their one and only job: syncing my files. (and no I will not restrict myself to only apple made apps. That sucks even worse)

I wouldn't even care if I couldn't access icloud drive from my android phone if I could just have one cloud service (which I would spend money on in a heart beat) that supported all apps and gave me a reasonable amount of storage.

Not saying I don't want to use dropbox, google drive etc. but if there could be at least one cloud service that all apps had in common that would be so amazing...

/dream

2. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I don't think they will "require" developers to add it, but I could see a "add to iCloud Drive" system wide setting that over arches developer input.