King of Prussia pa

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Lvmyiphone, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Lvmyiphone macrumors member

Lvmyiphone

2. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

So how many people in line at this point? I'm just driving there now should be there by around 645.

3. Lvmyiphone thread starter macrumors member

Lvmyiphone

4. Lvmyiphone thread starter macrumors member

Lvmyiphone

about maybe 60 here is a pic I just took

Attached Files:

5. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Are people waiting for pre-orders or walk-in sales? I heard that they won't have any phones available for walk-ins, but that they would be offered the opportunity to place a pre-order. Anyone else hear something different?

6. Lvmyiphone thread starter macrumors member

Lvmyiphone

7. Lvmyiphone thread starter macrumors member

Lvmyiphone

Well they are doing walkins so just make sure you have your Apple ID since they're telling people to make sure they have you will be OK I know I'm number one in line but the guy told me their inventory doesn't look so hot but he just told me your number one so you should be OK but they're letting people go first whoever put in for reservation

8. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

They always have walk in sales. That's the beauty of Apple.. In the same way they want everyone to have the exact same experience by no customizing of our phones (jail breaking) they would never allow only pre-order people to have phones on the first day. In fact the 3 of 8 years I've stood in line I've always had my phone in my hand long before preorder shipments arrived via FedEx and UPS.

There will definitely be phones for us walk ins today.. PreOrders InStore pickup will of course be fulfilled first - there's usually a separate line for that actually..

9. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

Yeah.. I just walked by you.. Looks like there are 80 of us..

10. Lvmyiphone thread starter macrumors member

Lvmyiphone

Yeah I've been out camping since 11:30 AM Thursday I just be glad when it's over It amazes me they don't allow you to buy the phone for retail price on line seems like they try to get everybody to use the upgrade or finance

11. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

Sheesh.. They let you stay overnight? I thought the mall stores didn't allow that..

My guess is they'll have a very slim supply of 6S Plus. That's the only reason I'm here.. My 6S will arrive Fed Ex later today.. But I want a 6S Plus to try..

And this line will move miserably slow if they require in store activation.

12. Lvmyiphone thread starter macrumors member

Lvmyiphone

Yeah I always camp where the rite aid is I just sit on the bench and wait it out just lay low then as the night progresses there's a line that forms

13. Lvmyiphone thread starter macrumors member

Lvmyiphone

14. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

Right across from Forever 21.. Right near the hub to turn left..

15. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I was at that store last night and that's not what the Genius told me.

Perhaps they'll have a few, but not a lot like in some previous years.

I believe that Apple has changed the purchase model for their phones to more of an online based sale + pre-orders and in-store pickups.

16. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

2 hours more to even find OUT if they have my 6S Plus in stock?!!! Are you kidding me?!?!!! What a disgusting system.. They know right now what stock they have.. Do the damn appointments now!

17. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

You camping out at KOP for the 7 launch?

18. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

Ooo.. The King of Prussia thread lives! Revived from last year..

Last year I had buyers remorse after preordering a 6S - so I woke up at 6am on LD and drove to KOP.. I know the mall doesn't allow overnight camping at least inside the mall. So where did you all "camp" and preserve some semblance of a "line order"?

When I got there at 6:45 - I was surprised the mall was open and there were already over 100 of you in line.. I was in line for an hour before they came down the line and told us all plus phones were sold out. I was surprised they had such small supply of Plusses last year at an Apple Store. I'll bet the MatteBlack and Jet Black 128's will also sell out quickly this year.

But I found a 6S+ Plus at an AT&T store "elsewhere" on LD last year with no lines that had a great supply.. Sorry gotta keep it a secret in case I don't get my pre-order this year. ;)

So I won't be standing in line with you all. But I did for my 3GS and 4.. I was #2 and #3 in line those years. Love the energy of LD!

19. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

I've never camped out at KOP. I was considering it until I saw this thread and realized I'd have to be in line for over 20hrs to be one of the first 5 people. I'm doing what you did and am going to camp overnight at an AT&T in the suburbs where the hype won't be nearly as bad. I'm okay with waiting 12 hours so I'm fully prepared to wait from 8pm-8am. I live in the area and am not getting a plus model, if you wanna PM me we could maybe meet up at the same store.

20. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

Well I actually didn't camp out at the suburban AT&T store… As I said I actually went there on the day after launch day and they simply had 2 to 3 of every phone in this small AT&T store in a small mall in the burbs. They had 3 Rose gold 6S pluses. That surprised me. The day after launch day and still three. I picked up a space gray 64 gig 6S plus. Easy peazy.

I just read another thread that had a district manager report to all employees in it where it said there will be no 7+ JetBlacks delivered to any AT&T store in Pennsylvania for launch day. And very very few Matte Blacks. So if you want either of those colors you'll need to go to Apple Store.

21. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

Welp... I guess that settles my dilemma of whether or not to go back to a Plus... Not even gonna bother the KOP Store and I'm not gonna deal with the hecklers and homeless individuals all night outside the Philadelphia Store.

There is, however, another very randomly placed Apple Store that I didn't even know existed until I looked up nearby stores recently. Pretty curious on what they usually see with lines.

22. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

Hmm. Well PM me if you want to keep the circle small.. but I'd like to know where there's an Apple Store in SE PA other than K of P. The K of P thing is indeed a pain... There is just NO WAY I'm interested in RoseGold, Gold or Silver - so I many just have to wait a week or more beyond launch day and keep enjoying my jailbroken, decked out, SpaceGrey 6S+ for another couple of weeks. I have it looking just like I want.. And likely we won't get an iOS10 jailbreak for another couple months.

Can I assume - if on NEXT with AT&T that I do NOT need to mail back my current phone until 10 days AFTER I RECEIVE my new phone? I hope so. I can't imagine they'd ever expect anyone to be without their phone for any period of time.

23. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

Yes you have ten days after you receive the phone.

Sent you a PM

24. Jz724 macrumors newbie

guys, didn't apple announce there will be no Plus Walk in Sales?

25. NewdestinyX macrumors 6502a

Yep. Only In-store pickup for IUP Plusses based on their inventory. This is a different line too at KofP than walk in folks.

So no JetBlack 7 and no Plus phones of any variety tomorrow at KofP for WalkIn.. If you love 4.7" RoseGold, Gold or Silver - line waiting is for you! And if you're #1-50 in line you might even nail a MatteBlack 7. Good luck!