Kirk Cameron says Women Should Honor Husbands

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Apr 30, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Especially if her husband is a judge.

2. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Kirk Cameron needs someone to tell him that he's a wash up whose movies are openly mocked for how bad they are.

3. mildocjr macrumors 65816

The problem is the man should honor his wife and that wasn't stated.

4. steve knight macrumors 68030

steve knight

his ego is so large he would never see it. he needs to learn humility before preaching women should do it.

5. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

How biblical...

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

You're going to judge him by what he DIDN'T say? He also didn't say they should take care of their kids, go to church, or respect their elders. What a dick.

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

What movies?
    Who is this?

Is it this guy?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirk_Cameron

8. mildocjr macrumors 65816

Nice language, keep it classy at least, I'm saying that in the bible which he was quoting, it says the woman shall honor her husband, but mentions nothing about the husband honoring his wife, and quite frankly, women were pretty bad off back then, they were essentially treated much like slaves. So him quoting the bible doesn't exactly make him look good without amending that second part on it.

9. cfedu Suspended

cfedu

Yup, that's him.
    He is the guy who said not finding a crocoduck disproves evolution.
    Kirt and his buddy Ray are experts on everything that has to do with science

upload_2016-5-3_11-39-55.png

10. SHNXX macrumors 68000

What's wrong with this statement?
    I don't know and don't care who this person is, but I see nothing wrong with this statement?
    Shouldn't women honor their husbands and men honor their wives?

Much ado about nothing.

11. 617aircav Suspended

12. cfedu Suspended

cfedu

Nothing, but you are missing the context.

13. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Actually, the Bible DOES tell us to honor and respect our wives. Just because the article doesn't mention it doesn't mean it isn't there:

https://www.openbible.info/topics/respect_the_wife

14. samiwas macrumors 68000

Wow! I know! PRSI is awash in postings about Kirk Cameron! I mean, prior to this thread, there was one mention only 11 months ago!! And another just a short 14 months before that!! And prior to that, it was just mere seconds, or rather 16 months. You just cannot get away from it!!!

Really? Daily or hourly? More like less than yearly. But don't worry, you're only off by a factor of 400 or 9,500.

But I'd really love someone to come tell my wife "You are to honor and respect and follow your husband's lead, not to tell your husband how he ought to be a better husband. You don't know that marriage comes with instructions." Let me know how far you get. Because if I said it, I'd probably end up on the couch for a month and never get to touch her boobs again.

That's what people have issues with. Not that a woman should "honor" her husband, but that the woman should bow down and do only as the husband instructs her or allows her to do.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Show me that smile again. (Show me that smile)
    Don't waste another minute on your cryin'.
    We're nowhere near the end (nowhere near)
    The best is ready to begin.

As long as we got each other
    We got the world spinnin right in our hands.
    Baby, rain or shine, all the time
    We got each other, sharin' the laughter and love.

16. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Who said that?

17. Populism, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

The Strawman!

18. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

"Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything."
    - Ephesian 5:22-24

This is what Kirk is referencing. There's no mincing words; it quite clearly says that the "role of a woman" is to be submissive to her husband.

19. samiwas macrumors 68000

Well, the Bible, for one. Secondly, that's how I interpret "honor and respect and follow your husband's lead"

20. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I'll admit I'm no Bible scholar, but I don't recall the Bible saying that a woman should "bow down and do only as her husband instructs her or allows her to do." Sounds to me like something somebody in this thread made up.

The Bible instructs the man of the house to be the leader. I'm sure we can all agree that being a leader does not have to mean to disrespect or issue commands to those who follow. And I'm not aware of any instance where the Bible says that the leader of the house must disrespect or issue commands to his followers. I think if that's how YOU see it, then that's your shortcoming, not Kirk Cameron's.

21. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

I am sure that is his point and desire.

22. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Why did he not just say that in the first place?
    --- Post Merged, May 5, 2016 ---

If they are crappy husbands, then yes they should say something.

One does not need god to figure out how to be married or even have a good marriage. Common sense and respect for each other can do wonders.

23. mildocjr macrumors 65816

Also, you judged me based off of what I didn't say, is that a pot calling the kettle black?

24. Strider64 macrumors 6502a

Strider64

My parents have been married 65+ years and all during those years there have been nothing but mutual respect for one another. Granted there have been arguments over the years, but they always made up. They had a motto - "Never go to bed angry". Kirk Cameron is just simply an idiot.