KKK Group Embraces 'Shoot To Kill' Policy For Refugee Children

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Aug 2, 2014.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

So they want African Americans to help them out here? sounds like the black sheep of the kkk here.
    http://crooksandliars.com/2014/08/kkk-member-calls-shoot-kill-policy-refugee
    Same KKK, different target. In fact, in its zeal to stop all brown people from crossing the border at all times no matter how miserable their lives were at home, the KKK is reaching out to African-Americans to help them in their quest. I'm sure that will be immensely popular with the black community.

Via Raw Story:

A self-described “Imperial Wizard” for a Ku Klux Klan organization openly defended his group’s call to deal with the thousands of young Central American immigrants coming to the U.S. through a “shoot to kill” policy, Al Jazeera America reported.

“To me, they’re breaking the law when they come here,” a hooded man identifying himself as Robert Jones said. “If we can’t turn them back, I think if we pop a couple of them off and leave the corpses laying on the border, maybe they’ll see that we’re serious about stopping immigration.”

2. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I don't know about you guys but I see some oddities in the video. It is supposed to be the North Carolina KKK and the interview was in Pelham, NC but the driver has a Virginia patch on his arm. Of course, if that is his car then he doesn't live in Virginia because he has no front tag. You have to love the sandals when walking in a field and of course the gut on the leader.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I knew we could count on you Southern Dad to stick up for the KKK. It makes sense as their border plan is pretty close to what you want.

BTW, you might want to check a map for where Pelham, NC is in relation to Virginia.

4. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I know where Pelham is in relationship to NC. Did you miss the point about not having a front plate? VA has front plates. And I'm not sticking up for the KKK, remember they only like Christians, which I am not. I'm just pointing out that I see some oddities in the video.

I am not doubting the news team but I am doubting that the KKK individuals they met are really anything more than some rednecks that formed their own chapter of the KKK. What person who lives in the country, knowing that they are going to a field would wear sandals? I saw no evidence of burnt areas in the video but the KKK wizard guy claimed they did cross burnings there.

A lot doesn't add up. In Georgia we have a law that specifically makes it illegal for any adult to wear a mask (§ 16-11-38) in public.

5. citizenzen, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014

citizenzen macrumors 65816

6. localoid, Aug 2, 2014

localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

This WDBJ7 story (dateline: Danville, VA) might clear up the mystery, since it also mentions a "Robert Jones" that's associated with the KKK.

"The group is part of the Loyal White Knights chapter of the Ku Klux Klan. Most members cover their faces and keep their identities secret."

"The leader of the group gave his name, Robert Jones." ...

"This group says it's active in Southern Virginia and Northern North Carolina." ...

"WDBJ7 wanted to know why it's recruiting in Danville and why now. Members agreed to answer questions but first asked me to follow them past the state line, through North Carolina's back roads, to a tobacco field."

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I do like how the reporter said that most Americans see them as idiots and asked them if it was a mental disease.

Priceless.

And the answer is of course yes, they are mentally diseased idiots.

8. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

That does make some of it make sense. The car not having a front plate and the driver having a Virginia tab is still a bit puzzling. Of course, I make it a point to avoid all Klansman. They really hate Yankees that move south and especially those that aren't Christian.

They attempted to do some recruiting down here in Georgia a couple years ago. They weren't met with open arms. They were also from North Carolina.

9. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I don't read it that way.

I think he is - admirably, in this case - questioning some of the facts surrounding a potentially inflammatory news story. I encourage everyone to do that, regardless of the source.

Don't get me wrong: The KKK is a despicable organization, rightly reviled by right-thinking people on all parts of the political spectrum. But its also true that not everyone claiming to be part of such an organization really is, and certainly not every claim such people make ought to be believed.

10. localoid, Aug 2, 2014

localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Well, maybe the KKK guy lives in NC, but is a member of a KKK group that is officially based in Virginia.

Danville, VA, just a few miles over the NC/VA border, would be the nearest "big city" to Pelham, NC, and was the "Last Capital of the Confederacy", so I suppose that'd be worth some extra-special "braggin' rights" to a typical KKK group.

Judging from what I've heard over the years, the KKK is always "recruiting", just some times they are more open and public* about it. This sort of idiocy still gets passed along, from one generation to another...

* "Danville Police Chief Philip Broadfoot said this isn’t the first time KKK flyers have popped up in the city, but they are extremely rare. According to him, this has only happened two or three times in the last decade."

EDITED to add the following:

The "Robert Jones" name pops up again in this recent Fox Carolina story* about KKK dropping recruitment candy bags in a Oconee Co. neighborhood. Watch the video on that page and you can see the web URL for Jones' Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan website. I won't type the URL here (no need to give them extra Google "cred"), but you can read it if you watch the video. Looking at the site, the group lists an address at a Pelham, NC P.O. box.

So, yeah... the group seems to believe they're a "real" KKK group.

* "Jones said his chapter is planning a public protest against illegal immigration in North Carolina on August 9, with a cross burning after dark."

EDITED AGAIN to add...

This KKK group seems to be the same KKK group in the flyer for a KKK rally that was featured on page one of the Statesville, NC Record and Landmark back in 2012. (WTF!!!111)

[​IMG]

11. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Maybe "Cross Lighting" means they turn some spotlights on it?

12. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

You know, I've never, ever heard anyone call it "lighting", but the Wikipedia cross burning article indicates otherwise:

"Cross burning or cross lighting is a practice widely associated with the Ku Klux Klan, although the historical practice long predates the Klan's inception. In the early 20th century, the Klan burned crosses on hillsides or near the homes of those they wished to intimidate."

"Many Christians consider it sacrilege to burn or otherwise destroy a cross. Klan Christians, however, state that it is not destroying the cross, but "lighting" it, as a symbol of the members' faith."

Wilco Tango Foxtrot!!!!1!!11

13. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I can see it somewhat. For one thing, it looks a little like old Zarathustra sneaking in through the swamp. But remember, Jesus H. said something like, "I am the way, the truth and the light, no one comes in the father except through me." So, here it is nighttime, and here is this cross, and no one can see it in the dark, and it is a powerful symbol of the faith, so why not set it ablaze so that the whole countryside can be advised that you believe, yes you do. Burning it, then, is not an act of destruction but a proud announcement. (And that "woe betide those that oppose us" subtext.)

(ABTW, it is "Whiskey", not "Wilco". There is a book.)

14. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

[​IMG]

This KKK **** is too depressing to drink whiskey... }8-<

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Curious to note the KKK ad says "no weapons".

Apparently the KKK believes in gun-free zones.

16. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Yeah, but,

[​IMG]

Somehow, Iraq reminds me more of pointy-bone-heads, I prefer to like my ale.

----------

Probably they have no self-control and might end up capping each other in their drunken revelry.

17. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

I just love the WTF-ness of the Lagunitas product name -- the company was told they "couldn’t use the word ‘Whiskey’ on a beer label".

18. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

If there is a news story on the front page, it makes me wonder if they had a permit for this cross burning. I would think that this event would be well attended by law enforcement. A couple cameras running license plates of those attending. The secret hidden by the hood quickly exposed.

19. Sydde, Aug 2, 2014

Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I get the impression that the hood is largely ceremonial these days, it is rather like an extended white Canadian skier's hat, they rarely bother to cover their faces anymore. Because, you know, overt lynchery has kind of fallen out of vogue.

What we really have to worry about is "stochastic terrorism", in which the planner has no knowledge of the actor. The kind of thing where a tame nutcase, or nutcases, declares, usually vehemently andoften, "(some person) deserves a bullet in the brainpan," with the specific intent of eventually inciting a random nutcase psychopath to provide the desired result.

20. vrDrew macrumors 65816

You mean like Bill O'Reilly?

21. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

I don't care about skin color, however something needs to be done because we are wasting a lot of money and it is doing little good.

Either open the border and do not try and stop anyone or adopt more strict enforcement policies.

The problem with shooting is the potential for a round(s) to go across a border. Personally that is why I like the idea of land mines just on our side of the border.
    You wouldn't have to mine the whole border, just the high traffic areas and once the word gets out it should really slow down the flow.

22. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

We could set up an ebola zone which would deter people. Maybe you could secretly infect all Americans within 100 miles of the Mexican border and that would scare people coming up from the southern border. If ebola doesn't work since it apparently doesn't spread fast enough, let's try smallpox. It could be like a biological moat or something akin to the forbidden zone from planet of the apes.

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Ebola spreads plenty fast, it just lays dormant for awhile. All you'd have to do is dump a bunch of Ebola blood into the Rio Grande, and BAM! Mexican problem solved!

Well yeah, sure. You'd have some Mexicans swim across the river, getting infected with Ebola, then go into populated towns, and become a vector. But you know, I don't care. I don't live anywhere near the border.

24. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

How are you going to keep it from spreading past the 100 mile zone? What about sections of border that do not have anyone to infect? How are you going infect that many people without them figuring out who did it? What happens after all those people die off?

Not saying it is a good or bad idea just seems needlessly complicated with a lot more issues/problems.

25. puma1552 macrumors 601

this doesnt mean squat. mn has front plates too, but i dont on either of my vehicles.