klipsch image one ii or sennheiser momemtum on ear headphones?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by miusel, Feb 3, 2014.

1. miusel macrumors newbie

which one would you recommend?

i managed to try momentum. the sound was not bad, and was quite comfortable. but i didnt get a chance to try on klipsch image one. i heard klipsch earphones are really worth it, and their customer service is excellent. but didnt hear much about their headphones.
    is sennheiser's service good too?

2. Gofre macrumors regular

I've heard consistently poor things about the Image Ones, and after hearing the Klipsch M40s I'm not surprised. Like the M40s the bass is supposed to be seriously bloated. They're definitely going to fall short of the Momentums.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That's a tough call, I'd say Senheisser simply because I've always owned them, they are studio " bright " so many folks won't like the need to fiddle with EQetc. I'd think I'd give the Kips a go I've heard very good reports especially if you just want to listen to music.

If you are recording? Senheissers all the way

4. Raventhornn macrumors newbie

Generally speaking the Sennheiser's are ~$100 more than the Klipsch, and it may not be something you hear any difference in.

Having owned some of both, but entirely different models/styles - it become about preference [at this price range and above you'll find people who will swear by this brand or that brand]

I have a couple of pairs of the Klipsch in-ear headphones [Image S4i for workouts/hiking & X11i for mobile listening] both do a very good job on clarity and the X11i does a surprising job on base.

I also have a pair of Sennheiser HD650 [with a headphone amp], which sound incredible - but those are reserved for seriously listening and mix work at my computer.

Where are you wearing these? How long will you be wearing these at a time, how mobile do you need them to be? These question may be important in picking the right headphone - for example if you're in a noisy environment, which one blocks out more sound [or do you go with an in-ear style].

Both are 'good' choices - both companies have been in the audio business a long time [~80 years], so money and personal preference are likely the true factors.

That may not have been much help, so sorry about that.
    Raventhornn

5. t434 macrumors newbie

If i 'had' to pick one, the klipsch's would barely win. Pretty much the same sound for the most part tho. (I assume you are using these for listening purposes only, not tracking/mixing). +1 for the sen. 650's, great for mixing.