General Knowing What We Know Of iOS7.. Who's Staying on iOS6, Who's Leaving?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HeyGreggie, Jun 10, 2013.

1. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Safe to say I'm here on ios6 for the long haul.

2. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

It's pretty cool. I'll be tempted to switch but my initial thought is that there really isn't any new features in iOS 7 that I can't do with my jailbroken 6.1.2. I really like the redesigned UI but I don't know if that alone is enough to get me to lose my jailbreak.

3. linds15 macrumors 6502a

leaving on iphone staying on ipad. ive been jailbreaking for a long time and this time around i like the UI and features more than the few tweaks i really get a good use of.

4. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

Im not leaving but I am staying on iOS6 till someone comes out with a Black UI theme. That White UI on a black iPhone is going to look horrible.

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Haven't made up my mind yet. I really want to try it out and love the design changes but I'm worried after updating my iPhone 5 I'll regret it and then bye bye jailbreak for god knows how long.

6. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

iOS 7 is pretty underwhelming. No windowing, no camera addon api etc. that is, I wont rush to upgrade.

7. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

I just looked at the list of tweaks I still use while jailbroken and removed the ones iOS 7 outdated. I have too many, namely f.lux and tethering. I need that.

8. HeyGreggie thread starter macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

That's my idea as well. I dont like having "bright" icons persay.. just never been my thing. And the fact we know the 5s will run this is a bit much to take in. Maybe Apple is holding out for ios 8.. but by then, I'm not attempting to wait too long. My options are to stay with the iphone 5 until the 6 (possibly when the 5 will be "outdated" according to apple.. Or wait for the galaxy s5. The s4 features are nice, but android and I do NOT have a keen friendship because they are known to release a new flagship phone every quarter

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'm staying with my JB.
    When there's a JB for iOS 7 then I will update.

10. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

Im not worried about a new iPhone since I just got mine at the beginning of this year. I will never go to Android, or Windows. No matter how bad Apple's iOS gets, I am always content with my information going between my iPad, Macbook, and iPhone seamlessly instead of trying to figure out how to get things from one device to another. As Tim said in the Conference, Android has too many different versions of Android, it makes Apps hard to come by and only supported on devices for a short time in most cases. I like how everything on Apple "Just Works". I will go into an Apple Store once iOS7 is released and try one of their phones before updating mine.

Worst comes to worse I will Jailbreak iOS7 and theme it the way I want by creating my own theme. Might take me awhile but I will experiment. :)
    Just my $0.02.

11. wknapp0924 macrumors 6502

Agreed, I will be staying until there is a JB for it. I do really like the new and improved app card switcher, here's looking at you Auxo, get it done!

12. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

13. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

The lack of anything f.lux-like is just unacceptable. Users have been asking Apple for years to do something similar.

As it can't really be done in hardware without adding, say, a second set of LED's with much warmer light (white LED's have their own spectrum and it can't be changed), even a software-only hack would have done fine, like that of f.lux.

14. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

7 looks great, am pleased to see the new features...but love 'owning' my phone. so will wait for a JB, and then...the best of everything! :D

15. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Still no quick compose/quick reply? I think I'll be staying on iOS6 until there's a jailbreak for 7. Of course, it's easy to say that now since I don't have to make a decision until the fall. :p Still not a fan of the flat look, though.

16. cclloyd macrumors 68000

cclloyd

Or making exceptions that are closely monitored and allowed into the app store. It can have system level access as long as it is very controlled by Apple.

17. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Yup, They hinted on we (devs) would be granted much more freedom. Well, we won't be, it seems. Still the same overly restrictive sandbox.

18. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

i will probably update. it just covers most of the essential tweaks i have installed and whilst i am not particularly in love with those flat icons, they are way much better than the glossy ones in iOS 6. having a peace of mind that iOS will work flawlessly without the constant worry that auxo or lockinfo 5 or what not are conflicting with X,Y or Z, or draining my memory is a great plus.

i would have liked something like gridlock 2 to be able to have more freedom in arranging icons, but it is something i can live without.

all in all there is very little motivation left for me to keep my jailbreak.

19. labman macrumors 604

labman

They borrowed from the Jailbreak community again.. Getting on my nerves we hate you jailbreakers but we steal your ideas. then make it painful to jailbreak. I hate to admit it but I have my eyes on the HTC One do something to excite me please. I know at the end of the days it's a phone but still..

20. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

of course they did. it would have been extremely silly of them if they didn't.

more than 10 million people jailbroke their phone with evasi0n alone. a great many deal of people are migrating to android.

so the natural question is: why do people jailbreak? and why do people prefer android?

and i think these new features of iOS 7 address the most important of these reasons. of course there are people who jailbreak to get free goodies, torrent and the like. apple will never cater to these but at least now they took a very important step to address the concerns of people who are interested both in the design, feel and accessibility of their phone.

21. angelwings macrumors member

I have no choice because when the times come, the "5S" is most likely going to have it pre-loaded!

22. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

After looking at the pictures. I think the only screen I like is the Compass screen. It actually has a different color than white.

23. iRetired macrumors 6502a

iRetired

Meh. I'm heading over to modmyi and dbar to look for some flat icon and skinny font themes. No way am I upgrading and losing my jailbreak for what I saw in that keynote.