Knowledge on AT&T LTE Expansion (iPhone 5)???

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
Anybody have any information on the expansion of ATT's LTE network. It is absolutely pathetic in my area, which is a major city in Michigan....

I just want to know if AT&T is planning on giving us some LTE within the next couple of years....or did I buy the new iPhone just for 4g LMAO

I mean I stayed with AT&T because......(oh wait I have no ************ idea why I did:rolleyes:)

On the left is Kalamazoo MI with AT&T. On the right is Lansing MI with Verizon. (Bloomingdale is apparently the closest server to Kzoo btw.

Attachments

brettizzle

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2011
Michigan!
AT&T probably will focus on giving LTE to cities that still don't had any 4G before updating towers (like yours) that provide HSPA+. That's just my guess. I'm on Verizon and have LTE around my area and it works great. Your "4G" speed looks like at&ts high 3G speeds lol.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
and this is why i left at&t. it was getting pathetic. their h+ speeds were around 1 Mbps if not slower.

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
Anybody have any information on the expansion of ATT's LTE network. It is absolutely pathetic in my area, which is a major city in Michigan....

I just want to know if AT&T is planning on giving us some LTE within the next couple of years....or did I buy the new iPhone just for 4g LMAO

I mean I stayed with AT&T because......(oh wait I have no ************ idea why I did:rolleyes:)

On the left is Kalamazoo MI with AT&T. On the right is Lansing MI with Verizon. (Bloomingdale is apparently the closest server to Kzoo btw.
Wow, in Atlanta on my old 4, I would get 5mbps on ATT's 3G service. Which is largely sufficient. I really didn't need or even desire LTE.

Move closer to your nearest metro area, Detroit.
http://www.att.com/gen/sites/focus?pid=22632&market=DETROIT

ATT only has a few narrow LTE marktes. In the SE for example, ATT/Cingular's home stomping grounds. There are only 3 cities with coverage.

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
Kinda like how it is here in Ohio. A small rusty city gets LTE a while before iPhone 5 launch, day before launch a big city gets LTE still leaving the Capitol city without LTE. Years end of 2012 they say, uh huh sure. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.