Knowledge on AT&T LTE Expansion (iPhone 5)???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by STiNG Operation, Oct 19, 2012.

1. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Anybody have any information on the expansion of ATT's LTE network. It is absolutely pathetic in my area, which is a major city in Michigan....

I just want to know if AT&T is planning on giving us some LTE within the next couple of years....or did I buy the new iPhone just for 4g LMAO

I mean I stayed with AT&T because......(oh wait I have no ************ idea why I did:rolleyes:)

On the left is Kalamazoo MI with AT&T. On the right is Lansing MI with Verizon. (Bloomingdale is apparently the closest server to Kzoo btw.

Attached Files:

2. brettizzle macrumors member

AT&T probably will focus on giving LTE to cities that still don't had any 4G before updating towers (like yours) that provide HSPA+. That's just my guess. I'm on Verizon and have LTE around my area and it works great. Your "4G" speed looks like at&ts high 3G speeds lol.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

and this is why i left at&t. it was getting pathetic. their h+ speeds were around 1 Mbps if not slower.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Wow, in Atlanta on my old 4, I would get 5mbps on ATT's 3G service. Which is largely sufficient. I really didn't need or even desire LTE.

Move closer to your nearest metro area, Detroit.
    http://www.att.com/gen/sites/focus?pid=22632&market=DETROIT

ATT only has a few narrow LTE marktes. In the SE for example, ATT/Cingular's home stomping grounds. There are only 3 cities with coverage.

5. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Kinda like how it is here in Ohio. A small rusty city gets LTE a while before iPhone 5 launch, day before launch a big city gets LTE still leaving the Capitol city without LTE. Years end of 2012 they say, uh huh sure. :rolleyes: