Koch Brothers Take Loss As SCOTUS Rules The EPA Can Regulate Greenhouse Gasses

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iBlazed, Jun 25, 2014.

1. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Surprised there wasn't already a thread for this pretty critical ruling. However, I'm not surprised Scalia was one of 2 dissenting justices.

Link

2. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Sweet, considering one of my biggest clients is a company that builds wind turbines.

[​IMG]

And clean air. Yum.

3. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I think it's painfully obvious that Scalia doesn't rule on Constitutional merit, he's 100% political.

4. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Did the Koch brothers initiate the case that started this?

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I think he's delusional enough to believe that he does.

And that just goes to show you how open to interpretation the Constitution is.

6. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

What?? Here's the judicial breakdown:

So Scalia wrote the Court's Majority opinion, which is now the law. How do you figure he's a dissenter, Mr. Constitutional Scholar?

7. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Ah I stand corrected. There were 2 separate cases apparently, one that was 5-4 and the second was 7-2. I thought he was dissenting on the 7-2, being the twatwaffle that he is. And the way the source article is written is a bit misleading. But I still stand behind him being a political justice in most cases though

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I will claim that I was misled by others.

Or maybe I saw it in the news.

One of those excuses.

9. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Reading this article I take it that this ruling will allow the administration to move ahead with implementation of the new (June 2nd) EPA regulations existing coal-fired power plants that will require cutting emissions by 30% (from 2005 levels) by the year 2030.

If so, then I assume the plan of giving each a "target" to shoot for, based on the EPA’s estimate of the state’s ability to reduce emissions, is still on the table (graphic below).

[​IMG]
    Graphic source

10. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Misleading? You are being very generous. I suggest you look at other sources for interpretations of legal decisions, no left-wing wacko websites. The source you linked to omitted entirely a huge portion of the opinion where the entire court rips the EPA a new ******* for exceeding their authority granted by Congress and essentially making numbers up to fit a result desired by the Obama administration. Here are my favorite quotes: