Koodo LTE Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davmcn, Sep 27, 2012.

1. davmcn macrumors regular

Hey,

I've had the iPhone 5 now for a week tomorrow and I've been loving it.

I got informed the other day via Koodo that LTE Coverage is active and live in my area and I'd love to get access to it. I am able to get LTE when I'm downtown and around certain other areas, but I've still had no luck getting onto LTE.

Any suggestions of what I should try?

Dave

2. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

So you can't get on LTE at all? You might have a plan provisioning problem (IE your plan didn't properly get set up to connect to LTE). Contact Koodo support.

3. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

I can get LTE, it's just not able to pick up on it where I live ( Though it says it's covered on their website)

4. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

I have the same issue with Telus' LTE (same company essentially). My area is supposed to be completely covered but at home I get 1-3 bars at most. Most often I'm on 3G. Called Telus, they couldn't really offer a solution. They tried doing network tests and pulling the tower data from my phone in my location but I doubt they're actually improving it. They'd need to add a tower or two.

5. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

Call your carrier they should help.
    I have an issue also.
    And try for data credit for your troubles.

6. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

Going to give them a call on Monday and see if they are able to do something about it. I went to the kiosk today and they told me that's it's most likely just launched and there are too many people trying to get onto it.

I guess anything is possible, I'll give them a call and see what happens.

7. davmcn thread starter macrumors regular

Just spoke to Koodo about the LTE. They said that I live in a dead zone that's " covered " to an extent.

They advised me that If I wanted to take advantage of the LTE network at this time that I would need to walk down the street or wait till the LTE network is better developed in this area.

Basically no solution till they get LTE working out here properly. Dissapointing, kind of want to return iPhone now.

8. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

9. Mikex6956 macrumors newbie

That's insane i am in a LTE coverage zone with telus and i am fk angry about the way they treat customer. I renew for the Iphone5 for getting LTE at my home like a was in a 100% coverage zone but like the others i got 1 at 3 bars in 3G ! This is really stealing really cheating people their lying about what they provide.
    I had open ticket 2 times for bad reception and nothing new! This is really not fair they got the power master sit telling people to wait for resolve but it probably like it will be .
    A HSPA+ networks with more hole than a swiss cheese .
    They probably make not enough money ! Poor rich company service **** !
    i pay i deserve what i am suppose to get but now they want me to pay .... Non sense .

10. parrot5 macrumors 6502

Did you all do the network update in Settings --> About? My Fido LTE didn't show up until a restart AFTER the network update.