Ku Klux Clan- We're Not A Hate Group

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Could have fooled me! ;) actually this stuff is laughable if it were not so scary.

How about... We just KNOW Whites are superior, and we like to wear hoods to remain anomoyous and terrorize just certain groups! :p

USA Today 21 Dec 2013
    We Are Not A Hate Group

Question: Take it back from who? I suppose it's the Democrats/blacks working them like dogs... Not the good ole boys.

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

The proposition that the Klan is not a hate group is so patently absurd, I can't imagine how one can even discuss it in any rational manner.

And to attempt to discuss it rationally somehow gives credence to the patently absurd proposition.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I remember reading about the history of the KKK. It really started out as a sort of a scam. The guy who started it wasn't even racist. He notice a pro white group that always caused trouble, so he decided to organize them and make them official. Now the only reason he did that was to collect dues and sell them garments and etc. KKK was formed out of making a profit from hate.

4. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

I'll add ...burning crosses in people's yards. The ultimate subversion of Christianity.

----------

So you say. :p To support such a group sounds racist. What does supporting such a group to make $$ off them, make him?

5. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

At best, an apathetic opportunist. Still a horrible person, though.

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Not now Sydney.

Besides, your plea falls on blind eyes. ;)

[​IMG]

7. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

ya, they're a hate group, as much so as the black panthers.

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Hay guys! I just threw all this tasty bait out! GO CRAZY!

NOM NOM NOM NO YOU'RE WRONG NOM NOM NOM OH WAIT YOU'RE TRYING TO TRICK ME INTO A VERBAL INTERNET FIGHT NOM NOM NOM.

9. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

The Klan is such a tiny fringe group that is so marginalized and maligned that it really isn't worth the effort of discussing their intent.

It's not 1950 or whenever. The nation by a huge majority rejects the klan so it's really a non-issue. The odds of klan rising to political and social power anywhere in America is pretty low.

And even so, hate speech also happens to be free speech.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You rarely disappoint Mr. Beef. Season's greetings to you my friend.

11. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

12. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

Actually, that's a fine line, since even today the Klan is known for making "terroristic threats", which is in fact a crime in many states.

Secondly, even if they're "tiny" so are other terror cells. Al Qaeda is alleged to only have 10,000 - 20,000 active members, and we've seen what they can do. After a bit of research, it looks like the KKK has followed in the footsteps of other terror organizations by moving to the independent cell system. There's about a dozen organizations that identify as the Modern KKK, each one having 5,000 - 10,000 members. This also doesn't count the other White Supremacist movements like the Neo-Nazis, the Vanguard and the American Freedom Party.

13. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Request you validate/clarify this statement.

When it comes to promoting "hate" as a philosophical mantra, I don't see them as much different from para-military groups that have formed with the long term goal of "taking their country back" codeword for, "Whites taking their country back".

As far as hate speech being free speech, there is a line. That line is the promotion of violence to back up the hate.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And ACORN. Don't forget ACORN. :D

15. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

And why not throw in the NAACP?

I'm sure we can use some twisted logic to throw them in there... somehow.

16. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Don't forget about Stetson Kennedy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stetson_Kennedy

Despite the ugly, violent history, the garments, rituals, and secret handshakes and codewords are ridiculous.

17. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Interesting info. Hiding for a reason when they know if out in the open it would not be tolerated and open to attack.

18. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

How dare you suggest anyone other than the privileged whites are racist.

19. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

This is VERY slippery slope, and borders on thought crime or worse.

Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, a 16-year-old American boy was killed in a drone attack ordered by President Obama and to this day we don't know why or who the alleged target was. It was done under the guise of being counter terror. When asked the White said the boy should have had a better father...Really?

I do not want Americans killed or detained indefinitely or persecuted for anything as vague as "terroristic threats".

20. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

As soon as I say the black panthers are a hate group too-because like the KKK they're nuts, someone has to challenge...who would challenge that comment...who...only here in lala land would that statement get challenged. So rant all you please, it most have hit close to home.

The KKK is full of the stupidest nut bags on the planet, no question. Seems most don't recognize their own stench and they are the poster children for it by saying they aren't a hate group. THEY ARE, and we don't need a link to prove it either.

21. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

it's not surprising since your post comes across as merely an attempt to make KKK racism seem acceptable because somebody else is racist

22. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Of course someone did! You're so provocative, from the statements you make to your avatar. Isn't that what you wanted? A reaction from a someone on the left?

We also don't need a link to know that the Black Panthers also did some awful things.

23. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Classic

24. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

of course not, but hey, throw that line in and then you can do a bit of posturing about how persecuted you are for your views :p

25. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Sadly most of the people on my Facebook would probably agree with the klan.