Kucinich drops out

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Macky-Mac, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

I'm surprised he didn't stay in longer. I thought he would go all the way to the convention but it seems he's leaving the race; Kuninich leaves

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Kucinich was in the race? Just kidding!

When your support levels can't rise above the low single digits, you're done. Although I'm kind of surprised too because last time he went right up to the convention as I recall.

I think I heard something about him facing a stronger than expected challenger for his Congressional seat this time though. That might have been the deciding factor.

4. Marble macrumors 6502a

Marble

Interesting that he won't be endorsing anyone, according to that article. I thought just recently he was showing a public preference for Obama.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I live near Dennis' district, and that's true. He's being challenged more by opponents who are complaining he's spending too much time being a presidential candidate and not enough being a congressman. This is, after all, Dennis' second time around in the presidential sweepstakes.

Edwards isn't gonna go easily. Nor should he.

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

It's not surprising considering CNN and MSNBC dropped him from the debates a long time ago, there's no way to get ahead with them unless you're a media marvel which the little guy is not :cool: Sad to see him go, I liked Kucinich a lot, but he was never a realistic candidate and his dropping was a long time coming.

7. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Edwards isn't doing much better, but he doesn't seem to get the message. I think Kucinich likes Obama, so he feels no obligation to stick around and keep his ideas circulating all the way up to the convention, the way he did when the milquetoast Kerry was the front runner.

That said, I like Kucinich's ideas and I always like him being out there spreading the good word.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

His numbers aren't that much better than Kucinich's. I don't see him lasting too much longer.

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Kucinich was running?

(Sorry, hard to resist.)

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Edwards isn't doing much better? His numbers aren't much better than Kucinich's? How do you figure? One recent poll of South Carolina had Edwards at better than 19 times the support level of Kucinich. In New Hampshire, Edwards got some 12 times the votes of Kucinich. In Iowa Kucinich didn't even get to the 5% threshhold required to have his delegates counted; while Edwards actually beat Clinton. Last time I looked Edwards had raised many many multiples of the money Kucinich raised.

No matter how you slice it, that's significantly better than Kucinich in every measurable catagory.

11. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Come now, IJ, if you're going to make the joke, make it first. :p

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

He's ignoring me. I get under his skin I suppose.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You are right about the numbers, however, he still doesn't have a chance against Clinton and Obama.

14. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Is that so? I believe you don't understand why I stopped reading your posts.

15. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Exactly, Edwards and Kucinich, as of today, have about the same chance of winning. That chance being no chance in hell.

16. halfprep455 macrumors regular

halfprep455

I hope that Edwards drops out soon and that both him and Kucinich endorse Obama.:)

But it is really too bad that the media never even gave Kucinich a chance. If this were a perfect world, the general election would be between Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul. lol.

17. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

In a perfect world, we could do better than either of them. Not that I don't love Dennis Kucinich--but c'mon, you want to talk about a perfect world.

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Perfect world. I'd be happy if things would rise somewhere above SNAFU. :D

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If a perfect world involves some nutjob like Ron Paul coming anywhere close to being president, then I really don't want to live in that world.

20. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I give this world a resounding "OOF."

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Out-of-office? :confused:

22. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I personally think that Kucinich would make the best next president but he would never make it close to winning the election. (if he got the same media attention that Obama and Hillary have gotten... perhaps he would have had a chance)

23. MikeTheC Guest

MikeTheC

Gallifrey -- Capitol City, Prydonian Sector
    So it looks like my chances to root for the Boy President are dashed to the ground yet again. *sigh*

Ah well... </sarcasm>

Guess what with Fred Thompson dropping out I'll just have to vote for Romney or Paul instead.

24. je1ani macrumors 6502

Nut job?! Ron Paul is my man! His views on american foreign policy are dead on. Everything from the Iraq war to the Israeli Palestinian conflict. This guy has the best opportunity to make a change. Although I would vote for an Obama-Edwards ticket :D

25. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

x2!

lol wut