Kucinich Moving up in Polls

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by it5five, Aug 21, 2007.

1. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,162486.shtml

Finally. One of the only two liberals in the entire 2008 campaign is finally making some ground.

When I've asked people from other countries about our candidates, they usually all agree that Kucinich is the only sane candidate running. He seems to be the only one for a non-for-profit healthcare system, which is encouraging, but the media still ignores him. Hopefully we'll see some more of him in the news in the coming months.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

A thermo nuclear device would have to explode on the next Democrat debate for this guy to even have a shot.

HIS press release says he is steadily moving up but provides no numbers other than hes winning a web poll. LOL.

3. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

Reminds me very much of the 1992 campaign when Gov. Moonbeam gained similar attention. Kucinich, like Jerry Brown, has some strengths and a segment of ideological support, but he is, also like Jerry Brown, simply unelectable as POTUS candidate.

4. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Must be all those people from other countries that it5five talks to voting via the web. Now if his campaign staff can only figure out how to get foreigners to vote in our elections, he'll have it made.

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I guess when you're at the bottom, up is the only direction you can go. :)

[​IMG]

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ugh... No Kucinich please. I'd like our next president to have a solid grounding in reality. I'm not convinced Kucinich is there.

7. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

And as much as I think I'm a fun loving, live and let live kind of guy I find men who marry women who are young enough to be their granddaughters creepy.

8. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I think Kucinich does well in the debates, but they call on him infrequently so he's tied down. In reality, those debates get very few people watching them, so in the long run he is really helpless in my eyes... As long as the mainstream media keeps him out of the spotlight then he's got no shot. My favorite of the Dems but he's not going to pull ahead anytime soon with the way things are right now.

9. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

10. it5five thread starter macrumors 65816

it5five

Have fun voting for a corporate sell out.

What about Kucinich makes him not have a "solid grounding in reality"? I've not heard him say anything about his campaign that would indicate he is out of touch with reality.

EDIT: I guess I just don't understand. You all say you want change, but none of you are even willing to consider the only candidate that would bring real change. He's the only candidate that supports a non-for profit healthcare system, he introduced the articles of impeachment against Cheney in the House, and he's been against the war from the beginning.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Have fun voting for a guy who, until recently, was pro-life. I don't trust people that switch that suddenly, just prior to an election, on an issue so fundamental.

Hearing him talk about how we are stardust, and beams of light, and saying he wants a Department of Peace kinda did it for me. I mean, if he doesn't understand the purpose of the State Department, I ain't voting for him.

Look, Kucinich's heart is in the right place. But that doesn't necessarily translate into wise policy. It doesn't mean he's wrong on all the issues either, but a heart that is two sizes too big isn't enough.

So I'm either with you, or against change? Is that the charge? If I don't embrace Kucinich, I'm a pawn of the evil corporations?

12. it5five thread starter macrumors 65816

it5five

No, not at all. I was just saying that the rest of the candidates are in the pockets of corporations. Would I vote for Obama if he got the nomination? Of course, but he definitely isn't my first choice.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

For better or worse, he doesn't have a chance in Hades. I don't like any of the rest of them either, but in every interview I've seen with him he's just too far out there. I can go into specifics if you'd like, but I think it's obvious.

And it has nothing to do with him being short or having a hot wife that's younger than I am.

14. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

He came to my bar to speak a few years back. He is for increased funding for the space program, thats good. He is definitely not a DOD funder. As long as rockets are being built, I'm happy.

He is a little loopy, and he is trying to hit the jackpot and maybe....maybe be the VP candidate. That should be all he could ever get. And I would put that at 300 to 1 odds.

Taking bets now;)