KUDA Automotive Mounting Base Review (Magellan Premium Car Kit / iPhone 3GS) *VIDEO*

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ShaneXman, Feb 28, 2010.

1. ShaneXman macrumors member

After receiving my Magellan Premium Car Kit for my iPhone, I wasn't happy with the suction cup or dashboard mounts. I started searching for a versatile and OEM looking mounting option to give it a more integrated / permanent look. Luckily for me, I found KUDA mounts that gave me everything I wanted and more.

KUDA mounts are possibly the ultimate mounting solution for practically any mobile electronic device. Check out this installation overview video of a Kuda mount and Magellan Premium Car Kit into my 2009 Ford Focus SEL. I couldnt believe the overall quality, fit, finish, and factory appearance offered by such a mounting base.

And for those of you who were looking for an "anti-theft" type solution for your Magellan Premium Car Kit, this might fit the bill. Enjoy! :D

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYE9FB-nt3c

2. kelpi macrumors regular

kelpi

Thanks for sharing this Shane and was very intrigued as they make a mount for my car but not the same interior color.

3. ShaneXman thread starter macrumors member

Just a heads up, I also ordered a mount for my Volvo XC90, and they didn't have my interior color listed on their site for a particular mount. Once I called them, they informed me that they have ALL colors, and it would just be a matter of a week to get the custom ordered mount.

I would suggest contacting them, and inquiring about your specific application. They are super cool to deal with, and they always go above and beyond to help.

I hope this helps. Have a great day. :)

KUDA USA, INC.
    3804 Carver Place
    Irving, TX 75061
    Phone: +1 972 3997808
    Fax: +1 972 7670893
    Email: info@kudausa.com
    Internet: http://www.kudausa.com/

4. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    i've been kicking around this idea for ever and could never find this solution....
    glad someone is making this type of thing....

thanks shane!!

5. LeonPro macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. I've already invested a ProClip mount for my car.

How's the ball mount of the Kuda? Is it rubbery like the original ball or smooth as plastic?

6. navguy macrumors regular

7. ShaneXman thread starter macrumors member

It's actually a combination of both. It is comprised of a smooth hard plastic ball with a rubbery center. It's almost like the ball has a groove notched out of the center, all the way around the ball, and a rubber o-ring was placed in the notch around the ball. Make sense?

It seems to be a brilliant ball mount design, as I haven't had any issues with movement or any other problems. I'd highly recommend this kit. ProClip is nice, but I prefer the more "factory/OEM" look that KUDA offers with the leather wrapped mounting bases.

It's amazing how much more "finished" something as simple as a mount can make your car look. I'm loving this mount more and more everyday!

Anybody else have a KUDA mount?

Cheers! :)

You got it guys, glad I could help! :D