Kumail Nanjiani Tells Grads To ‘Have Sex With An Immigrant’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, May 28, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kumail-nanjiani-tells-grads-sex-050504954.html
    happy to say I am an Immigrant,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any takers here? :D

^^^^^^^^^^^ attention snow flakes.

2. Zenithal Suspended

I look forward to a new report of a SoCal woman making criadillas a la Mexicana with her husband's bits in the coming week. Tacos, a torta or two, a burrito, stuffed in a poblano and cooked with cheese and mole. Who knows.

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Damn you. Now I'm hungry. :p :D

BL.

4. Zenithal Suspended

Rarely do I speak to someone who enjoys bull testicles, commonly referred to as Rocky Mountain oysters in the US. It's rather delightful in the French countryside. Fresh herbs, lots of butter and garlic, dry white wine, brined accoutrements, crusty shepherd's bread. In the US fashion, it goes well with tartar sauce. You could even make it into a sandwich.

The Algerians do a nice tomato based lambs brain fry up and also do a fried one, but that's more Israeli. Often served with chips or in a sandwich.

5. bopajuice macrumors 6502a

bopajuice

6. sorcery macrumors regular

sorcery

Really? Not having any real allegiance to my country or skin color, I do not find the concept that easy.

7. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

8. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

Rape an immigrant???! Can you believe this guy!?

/end alt-left/media misinterpretation

9. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

10. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

11. samcraig macrumors P6

Are you really that desperate that you need to fabricate a faux-response in a thread instead of just commenting on the subject? Bored?

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Guy is a comedian

13. samcraig macrumors P6

They've heard worse from the current President.

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

How so? I mean, you wouldn't be willfully removing any and all context in favor of a simplistic pearl clutching episode would you?

[​IMG]

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

At this point most people would use the old "deflection noted" line but I really can't stand when people do that.

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Deflection from what? You didn't have a point to make.

17. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

So nobody things this is inappropriate to say at a commencement speech? It seems wrong to me.
    --- Post Merged, May 30, 2017 ---
    I asked a direct question; "is it inappropriate?" and was met with "Trump has said worse". That feel like a deflection to me. Is it not? It certainly isn't an answer to a yes or no question.

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Can you elaborate? What is wrong with it?

19. samcraig macrumors P6

It's not really deflection. Perhaps I can elaborate a little. College-aged kids are exposed to many things. This past year, maybe even more. While I agree - talking about going out and having sex wouldn't be on the my top 10 things to put into a graduation speech, I do think that these kids have heard a lot worse when it comes to figures of authority. Granted, it was not directed to them when Trump said those remarks.

Also - I was being cheeky.

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Fine. This brings up another question. Should we be referring to college graduates as "Kids" anymore? And if they are kids should we be telling kids to have sex? I find it amazing that after graduating college, now being prepared to enter the world as an educated adult; ready to take the world by the horns, the most inspiring thing we can conjure up to inspire them is "go have an orgasm with an immigrant".

It makes me very sad, in a way.

21. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

At 2am, tomorrow morning head to the warehouse, down on 5th street, slip through the fence, proceed around to the back door and give the shave and a haircut knock, for some thrilling intercourse. Yeah, I'll be there observing. ;)

Why would you think the statement you highlighted should be directed at snowflakes? Do you know what a snowflake is and/or are you just cementing your anti-intellectual credentials? :rolleyes:
    Organs for consumption as a rule turn me off, with the exception beef liver. For that, I just pick out the mad cow bits first. ;)

22. samcraig macrumors P6

No - if they can vote and serve the country - they aren't kids. Young adults. Who said anything about the speech being inspiring.

Also - sex doesn't require an orgasm.

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

This is the part where I reveal my old age and ask, "Who in the hell is Kumail Nanjiani?"

24. Solomani, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017

Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

I only consider them "kids" when they are still at an age where the LAW and society still treats them as non-Adults, like prohibiting them from consuming alcohol, prohibiting them from legally gambling, and/or prohibiting them from having the rights of adult citizens (e.g. the right to vote), etc.

Once they are beyond those age thresholds, they are adults AFAIC. They should also be held responsible as adults, which includes consideration for the death penalty in certain states.
    Sounds Eastern Canadian. Or French.

Or something I ate once at Hindu Kush Indian Restaurant.

"Ello ello! Waiter I am ready to order! First I will have this…. this Chicken Tikka Botswana. And then an order of this Beef Tandeloo, make it medium rare please. And then how about this one, Kumail Nanijani, but only medium spicy please? And finally, an order of this Preeta Reech Nikki Minaj. Is that chicken or beef?"

25. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

From what I hear, college grads (or even students), dont need prompting.