L.A. City Council bans large-capacity ammunition magazines

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Aug 18, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-ammunition-magazines-20150728-story.html

stupidity like this is why the NRA remains relevant. millions of magazines out there that hold well over 10 rds. MILLIONS, criminals already have them, but let's stick it to law abiding gun owners while exempting police (police are also exempt from the CA gun roster).

not one more inch.............

2. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

If in self defense you haven't stopped the perp in 10 rounds, your effed anyways.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

fine, limit police to 10 rds or less :D

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Agreed. That said doing this at a local level like this won't be effective as it is easy enough to bring them in from a neighboring city or state.

5. vrDrew, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015

vrDrew macrumors 65816

Or you'll go on a shooting rampage?

Here's the thing: The vast, vast majority of gun owners in Los Angeles - as well as Detroit, Chicago, Miami, and elsewhere - are perfectly respectable, law-abiding folks. People who have no intention of harming anyone. And never do harm anyone.

And so the high-capacity magazine law seems particularly unfair to such folks.

But its not designed, or intended, to stop them. Its designed to make it that much more complicated the next time some mixed up kid decides to take his mental problems or work issues out on a crowd of innocent people at a movie theater or Army recruiting office.

I wish there was a way to design gun laws so they only affected the criminals and crazies. But there isn't.

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

1 I would have to dig up my 100 rd mags I have stored in my under ground bunker. [​IMG]

2. this just affects L.A, neighborins cities are not included.

3. thank you.

4 pressure cookers are readily available .

5 criminals don't care about laws. making criminals out of law abiding citizens is NOT the answer.
    [​IMG]

too many "feel good" laws that do nothing.

7. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

What in God's name would a responsible gun owner need that kind of ammunition for? Seriously.

There are about 2 jobs in this country where that kind of ammunition is useful, but those people do not live in Los Angeles.

8. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Hunting hogs. For those not familiar, most will carry a side arm with the most rounds possible. If you don't take it down first shot with your riffle...that thing will come charging and can be hard to bring down.

But did we not learn our lesson with the Brady law. If I remember correctly that limited to 10 rounds and didn't change anything.

9. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Funny you mention that. When I said two jobs, I actually did mean hog hunting as one. The other is military.

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

Not for anything, but how many pages of advertising and articles are in these magazines?

11. tshrimp, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015

tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Since you appear to be in the Austin area (Hook 'em Horns!), I can definitely see that. From what I understand the entire south has hog problems. Is that still the case?

12. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

There is a solution for everything...

HK45...10 rounds of 230gr .45ACP, at your disposal.

[​IMG]

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

MY 1911 Sig has 8 rd mags, my Para does have a 10 RD mag.