La Encantada-Apple Store- Tucson Arizona

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Applegal, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Applegal macrumors member

I have got mine reserved! Who is up for getting there a little earlier than 5?

2. Aliuspm4 macrumors newbie

I'm planning on being there around 4ish. Maybe 3:30 if there are that many people planning on attending.

3. Applegal thread starter macrumors member

Awesome thats what time I was going to be there too. I wonder what time security will let us line up. lol. Once we get settled I can do a starbucks/Aj's run too! lol..

4. Aliuspm4 macrumors newbie

Yeah, back when the apple store first opened, security kicked us out at midnight, we came back around 3 and it was fine, there was no one there. So I'm guessing at least 4 will be good. Probably be a few people there already.

5. Applegal thread starter macrumors member

Cool. Sounds good. Do you have yours reserved or are you going to wait it out?

What's your name? I am Jonine nice to meet you.

6. Aliuspm4 macrumors newbie

Hi Jonine, I'm Ali. Of course I have mine reserved, I want to get mine without hassle heh. Hopefully won't be much.

7. Aliuspm4 macrumors newbie

Any way you want to arrange to meet there? If you'd like, send me a PM and we can work things out from there, otherwise I'll see you there.

8. sanpharo macrumors newbie

sanpharo

Thanks to AT&T's wonderful ordering process, after spending 6 hours online/at the AT&T store I was able to pre-order on the 15th only to find out today that not only has my order inexplicably been cancelled, but they're not going to carry any iPhone 4s in stock until June 29! :mad: But I'm not bitter or anything lol

So anyway, I'll be joining you guys at La Encantada Thursday morning. Because of this whole fiasco with AT&T not carrying phones in their stores till the 29th, I wonder if the Apple store will be massively overloaded... :confused: Hopefully 3:30 or 4 AM will be early enough

9. Applegal thread starter macrumors member

Hey!

Glad you will be joining us! Thats what time we were going to be there too! I am so sorry to hear about your pre-order day horror!

PM if you want to do a meet up so we have line coverage, so some can leave for food and snacks.

10. AppleWhite macrumors newbie

Hello fellow tucsoners. I will be joining you guys if I know the white iphone will be available.

11. sanpharo macrumors newbie

sanpharo

Guess I need to post some more before I can use PM. But that sounds great... will make for a much better experience, I'm sure :)

Hmm. Now I see the reason behind a lot of peoples total waste of time posts lol

12. Applegal thread starter macrumors member

I know. I wanted a white one too. I am not sure if they will have any for in store pick up. I hope so!!

Scarlet82@me.com

Is my email.

Keep in touch!!

13. Applegal thread starter macrumors member

Lol. I dont spend toooo much time in the forums. Just to keep up on news and events. :)

Scarlet82@me.com

See you guys there!! :)

14. Aliuspm4 macrumors newbie

I think only the black is available initially. It might have just been at Best Buys that the white isn't available, but I'm not sure.

15. golfforfood macrumors newbie

Hope to get there around 3:30, also there wont be any white iPhones.
    See you all, hope it doesn't rain, ha ha

16. Applegal thread starter macrumors member

@ golfforfood Great! See you there, I am planning on being at the store around that time too. Bummer about the white iPhones

:(:(

17. blastr42 macrumors newbie

iPhone 4

I'm thinking I might be there too. I've always waited for my other iphones, how bad does it get on launch day?

18. Applegal thread starter macrumors member

I was there for 3G and 3G(S) and iPad launch and both were pretty steady. If we are there in the early morning it shouldn't be too bad. By mid morning, podcasts I have been listening too, say that activation issues may arise.

I am hoping for the best, getting there at 430-5am-ish!

19. liquidsgi macrumors newbie

White ones will not be available until late summer. something about manufacturing problem. http://bit.ly/cVB0nM

20. Applegal thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the heads up! Thats a real bummer! Are you going to be joining us at the Apple Store liqidgi?

21. tn2009 macrumors newbie

My friend Andrew and I will be there around 3:30. See you guys there.

22. nerdtalker macrumors newbie

Anyone know how many people are in line right now? I walked by around 7-8 PM and saw the apple store employees carting pallets of -something- ;) into the apple store.

I went and ate, walked back, and there were two kids who claimed to be first in line, though there wasn't any line, and asked me if I was getting in line. Funny stuff, no way I was camping out with a reservation.

I figure I'm gonna get there around 3. Time for a 2 hour powernap lol!