lack of Airplay 2 support?

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Gandalf's Dad, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Gandalf's Dad macrumors newbie

Gandalf's Dad

I running macOS 10.13.5 on my 2015 27" iMac. With the release of Airplay 2, I just purchased a pair of Homepods for use as stereo speakers for my iMac. I used my iPhone X's Home app to update that HomePod s/w and to pair them as stereo speakers. They sound awesome! However, I'm unable to use them as stereo paired speakers on my iMac, despite running the latest macOS version. It appears that macOS doesn't yet support Airplay 2. Is that correct? Seems like a huge oversight.

2. chabig macrumors 603

That seems to be correct, based on existing threads. It's not an oversight. Be patient.

3. benji888 macrumors 68000

benji888

I also just read that AirPlay 2 is not showing up in the first beta of Mojave

4. Populus macrumors 6502a

Populus

But... AirPlay 2 was a feature of High Sierra, when it was announced, right?
    I mean, there are several computers that won't support Mojave, and will be left without AirPlay 2 support...

Do you think a future beta of 10.13.6 will implement AirPlay 2 on High Sierra?