Ladies and Gentlemen I Give You Fox News

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ericgtr12, Apr 15, 2018.

1. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Not a surprise that they redacted this story but their war on the poor is as strong as ever. Like that time they reported 99% of all poor people have a refrigerator.

[​IMG]

2. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Why are you creating a new thread for a topic that’s nearly 18 months old?

3. StarShot macrumors 6502a

StarShot

I suspect the OP just wanted to do another rant on FOX News. And yes, it does appear that he went back to a piece that was published 18 months ago. If you look carefully (like you did), you will see several political pieces just as old or older.

4. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

It's a good reminder as Republicans have added $1.5 trillion to the debt to point out where their priorities lie. The tweet may be years old but their war on the poor goes on every day.

That said, if anyone wants to share a recent post of where Fox News has had a revelation on this issue I would be glad to read that as well.

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

We could always talk about sex crazed killing pandas if you like, that's more recent.

6. Tapiture macrumors 65816

Tapiture

Fox News is all about convincing people it’s the poor ripping them off, not the rich. In reality, it’s their wealthy-backers working to rob the American people blind.

7. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

And I put most of the blame for today's corrosive political climate and lack of bipartisanship on Fox News. Sure, others may have followed, but Fox was a big factor with it's anger-inciting diatribes against liberals, "the left," etc. And for eight years they attacked Obama constantly. But as I've said before, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the so-called pundits there didn't really believe what they spout but just do it to garner ratings. Not to mention that their leader for many years, Roger Ailes, was a sexual predator. Whoops, I just mentioned it.

8. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

It's not the poor that people are worried about, it's the able bodied that don't attempt for the most part to be productive. Nothing pisses me off about a person who puts in 8hrs and can't pay their rent, it's the person who's rent is getting paid while they stay home.

The middle class has to put up with getting ****ed by both sides of the spectrum.

9. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

More on this as Republicans Unveil Proposal to Push One Million Off Food Stamps

10. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

While I agree that the Republican approach here is problematic and not a great plan, I don’t find the Democrats’ response particularly valid either. They’re basically saying, “This won’t help people get out of poverty”, as if letting people collect food stamps forever will.

I am generally supportive of putting some sort of stipulations around SNAP that get people to at least try to improve their situations.

11. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 6502a

TheSkywalker77

12. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Be honest....this popped in one of your social media feeds and you didn't see that date, right? Come on, we're all friends here :D

13. TC_GoldRush macrumors 6502

TC_GoldRush

Just to spike up more political attention.

14. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Agreed. Whether they are billionaires getting subsidized or lower income getting assistance, we need oversight to see that it's not taken advantage of. I think that's something both sides can agree on.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 16, 2018 ---
    Ha! totally fair question. I did see the date, however it was re-posted on reddit yesterday (huge thread if you want to check it out) and realized it's related to this article where Republicans want to kick one million off of food stamps. That said, all criticisms relating to the date are fair game. :p

15. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

That was towards the end of his show and what? 30 seconds long? Who cares?

16. raqball macrumors 68000

Maybe the left wants to ban / abolish humor next?

17. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

I am just the opposite. Nothing pisses me off more than the fact that so many people work 8 hours a day (or far more) and STILL can't pay their rent if they suffer the slightest setback like illness, injury, or getting laid off.

As far as the poor go... the definition of "poor" is expanding rapidly. It has always included both able-bodied people and the not-so-able-bodied. It also includes people who work 16 hours a day between two low wage jobs. These days it increasingly includes people who make enough income that they were once considered middle class to upper middle class, but an illness or injury plunged them into poverty.

Are there people who game the system in order to get something for nothing? Sure, but the people doing this at the low-to-no income side of the spectrum are getting away with very little compared to the wealthiest individuals and corporations among us who game the system for much higher returns. The entire Republican platform is built around trickle-down economics, which absolutely requires that the masses trust the wealthy to take care of them and provide them with jobs and living wages. In order to maintain that trust they engage in blaming the poor for all economic problems in order to deflect blame away from the greediest among us.

18. StarShot macrumors 6502a

StarShot

Not that it matters much, but during Obama's 8 years the National Debt went up 9 trillion. Granted, the dems controlled Congress for the first 2 years of his term, so the Republicans shared in the booty.

And the Dem term, "War on Poor" is BS. The war is trying to hold the debt from going nuclear with all the new entitlements generated from Congress. Some day the piper will have to be paid.

19. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Entitlements go both ways. For example we see a poor person buying junk food at 7/11 with food stamps and we're outraged yet when we pay a higher income or state tax because we're subsidizing oil companies by the billions nobody seems to notice. We can't just hold the poor accountable for debt.

20. StarShot macrumors 6502a

StarShot

Where's the documentation that we're subsidizing oil companies by billions? Are you saying gas at the pump would cost several dollars more if the Feds didn't kick in some cash? Blanket statements like this qualify as fake news. Oh, and I live in Washington State. How much of my State taxes go to subsidizing oil companies?

As to the poor, I'm all for helping them EXCEPT for the undocumented/illegal so-called immigrants streaming in to have a slice of the pie. The word "immigrant" used to mean something until the left decided the term belonged to ANYONE who is not a citizen or has a valid permit to live/work in our country.

21. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

If you are going to rant, Pravda West Fox News is a worthy reason to do so. They are still up to the same tricks as several years ago, a big fat bunch of liars just like our POTUS, imagine that. :oops:

22. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

[​IMG]

23. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

The reason why so many people cared about this piece was because it aired on a day when some more trouble for trump news broke (I don’t remember what it was), and tucker didn’t even mention it on his show. But he did have time for this. The whole fair and balanced crap. If they really were fair and balanced, he would have reported on the trump news.

24. krause734 macrumors 6502a

krause734

The welfare system is full of fraud and lots of lazy people. Certainly the people that need it should get it but the system needs an overhaul. The largest problem is there aren't enough good paying jobs for unskilled workers anymore.

25. StarShot macrumors 6502a

StarShot

Chill down Huntn! FOX News, MSNBC, CNN and the rest are all SLANTED (which means they quibble and shade the truth). About the closest thing we have to unbiased news in this country is the BBC and slightly behind that, PBS.

AND all Presidents quibble and shade the truth including OBAMA, BUSH, CLINTON and TRUMP. IF you don't believe that, you shouldn't be allowed to vote. No need to reply as you seem to be just another polarized American.