Ladies, I need your help. Surprise for my wife..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FarSeide, Jul 9, 2008.

1. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I want to surprise her with a new iPhone but wasnt sure if she would prefer the black iPhone or the white iPhone. I was just trying to get a feel for which one she would like but she just said both looks good.

I know there is a hidden female interpretation in there when she said, "both looks good"

I know that there is a Black or White thread posted but this is little different...

Ladies, can you help ?

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

"Both look good" = she wants them both.

Lol jk. Did she even sound interested in the iPhone? That sounds like an answer I would give if I didn't really care about the product ... I dunno get her the white one.

3. akp123 macrumors newbie

Personally for me I do not like something white near my face because no matter how well my makeup and lipstick stay on, there is always a build up over time. I would prefer the black.

4. IndianaiPhone macrumors regular

Ok. I am serious when I say this. Go through her closet and look at her clothing, purses, shoes, ect. Try to decide if the black would look better or the white with her clothing and accessories. If you still can't decide which looks better go with the white because it goes with almost anything. Yes, I am a straight guy but I just know this stuff. Even if she doesn't like the iPhone you get her you can probably take it back.

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

if i were her i wouldn't even care about the color....dude, you're getting an iphone! :cool:

but seriously, i think you should consider the safety of the white one. It will stick out easily for someone who is evil enough to steal her iphone. i would go with black.

6. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

what color is her current cellphone? is it black? if it is i would get her teh black one if it's of any other color i d get her the white one.... i wokr easy like that.. ohw ait,, only girls were supposed to answer this...hmmmmm easy,,,, whatever i said, dont do it, do the opposite..

7. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

She currently has the first gen iPhone and she loves it. When I tell her about the new features, she seemed very interested.

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

I personally like the white one. The black smudges too much for my liking. Well, there's my feminine point of view. Enjoy it.

9. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

How is your makeup going to get on the back of the phone? :eek: I suggested white because I think women have a tendency to pile on the lotion and lotion + black = gross smudgy back. Smudges are less noticeable on white.

Unless you're getting a case... then the color doesn't really matter. Let AT&T/Apple's stock decide for you. :p

10. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

Her current iPhone has the White InCase Slider on it. But when I took her to the Apple Store, she was looking for a different color other than White or Black.

Why does it have to be this hard ?

11. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

Good Point... not that I would know anything about makeup on my face...

12. theotherrogue macrumors regular

13. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

A lot of women will like the white because it's easier to find with a quick glance in her purse. The black will usually blend into the bottom.

14. Babiipiink macrumors member

Hahah. Very funny :p

I think you should get her the white one. Looks very classy and i think she would like it.

15. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

I hate to hype up the white iphone...but daaam...the white is on the back...its black on the front and white on the back...and it is so different. Everybody and their mother is gonna have the 8gb black iphone....you want to be different...so go with the white one....just leave one for me.

16. meagain macrumors 68030

Gosh IDK. I've been flip-flopping between the black & White with a leaning towards black because it's stealthier and I'm assuming the apple logo will pop more which I think looks nice.

Either way, I'm getting an invisible shield for the back.

Question is, would she put a case on it? There's tons of black cases but less white. If she plans on a case - definitely get the white then she can have it all.
    Otherwise, again, it's tough, but I'd get the white. Especially if you get the black. That way you won't grab each others phones by accident?

Ah - Now I just started leaning toward the white for myself again.

Is she sort of a girly girl or non? Does she buy nice bags, etc?

17. helloadam macrumors member

Because its about women, and we as men, know nothing about them haha.

18. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

She is definitely a girly girl... as for her bags..
    Her bag averages $2K so I guess those are nice ones. I really dont pay attention when she goes shopping... I know shame on me..

I'm leaning toward the white one for her as well...

19. yode macrumors 6502

Find out if she really NEEDS the 16GB. If not, get the black.

20. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

It's obvious that you love your wife very much...to the point where you can't determine which color from the opposite spectrum she likes.

How do you figure out which shirts to wear every morning?

21. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

Get her the white. If she's averaging $2000 on bags, she likes premium goods and likes showing it off.
    (I'm female)

22. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

Funny... I just wait for her to lay out my clothes in the morning... common...

Its easy for me. Suite, Shirt and Tie. GOOOOO

23. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

Seriously buddy, don't kill yourself when Apple decides to release more color scheme...

24. FarSeide thread starter macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I just want to make my wife happy buddy. Thats all.

25. ottergal macrumors member

I'm a girl, I say black. Goes with everything, looks sleek. Sexy.

But then I only buy $500 purses so what do I know?

:cool:
    (okay, this is kinda snarky. I'm sorry.. she will love whatever you get her. But I still say get black. Most likely she will put a cover on it. Fashion and all!)