Lakeside - Thurrock - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by jarvojnr, Jun 19, 2010.

1. jarvojnr macrumors member

Anyone going there? If so what time you planning on getting there?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. jarvojnr thread starter macrumors member

I hope to be long gone by then though still not sure what time to get there!

4. 20193 macrumors member

I'll be there for opening time I think. More anxious than excited to be honest. I mean I've reserved one, but I can't help but worry if some mishap on the day stops me from getting one...

5. jarvojnr thread starter macrumors member

Are you getting there for 8 or earlier? Have you reserved?

6. 20193 macrumors member

Most likely before. The doors to the store open at 8. I spoke to Lakeside's control center and they are thinking about possibly opening the main door to allow people to queue outside the Apple Store from 7.15am. And yes I've reserved, I just hope that the whole "keep till the end of business day" actually means that.

7. jarvojnr thread starter macrumors member

I think they're usually open from around then anyway for the cleaning staff etc to get in, if not one of the 'mazy corridors' doors should be open.

I have reserved too and was thinking of parking in one of the car parks by Burger King, using that main entrance and getting there for about 7.30. I'm not fussed about being first in the queue but would like to get in and out as quick as possible!

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

They open the gregs entrance first at around 6am

9. LewisFielder macrumors member

You guys should come bluewater! It's accessible 24/7 ;)

10. jarvojnr thread starter macrumors member

Theres a Gregs? Never knew that, where abouts? At the post office/Nat west end?

11. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

12. jarvojnr thread starter macrumors member

Yeah thats where I thought, wasn't sure if it was a hsbc or a natwest. Thanks!

13. 20193 macrumors member

Really? Everyday? I was planning on parking in carpark 6 and queuing outside burger king until the doors opened. It's the closest to the Apple Store.

14. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

They open that side every day around 6am. Always have.

15. 20193 macrumors member

And you can just walk right in? Maybe they'll change this for iPhone day. When I spoke to someone at the Apple Store about their iPad experience they said that the Burger King entrance was the one used, which is what I had planned the whole time. Now I'm torn...

16. LewisFielder macrumors member

Wish I was going lakeside! Lots of macrumor guys there. Hardly any at bluewater, how about you all come to bluewater? Its open all night :)

17. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The best way in is actually down the service road. Tbh if you havnt reserved I wouldn't bother showing up lol

18. jarvojnr thread starter macrumors member

Thats what I was planning on too, I know someone who works for Lakeside (the centre rather then a shop in Lakeside) and see what he says. I'll post any info I find out.

19. 20193 macrumors member

Please do! Any tips are going to be much appreciated.

20. lonfar macrumors newbie

What are the chances of getting an iPhone but havent reserve online? wanted to order online but didnt have right fund then it was backorder to 2nd then 14th...

Never been in a release date so what would i expect if i came early in the morning?

21. sazza85 macrumors member

I wanna get there for as early as I possibly can.

If you can find out where exactly is the best place to get in and at what time that'd be great!

I dont mind being there for 6am, might even be there before hand but not much before. I'm now having nightmares about over sleeping so I'm questioning if i'll even sleep that night haha.

22. mactechey macrumors newbie

i dont have one reserved , so im wondering what time to get there , i dont even know where this greggs entrance is :/ , would like to meet up with someone if possible.

do you think i will be able to get one if i dont have one reserved ?

23. 20193 macrumors member

This should help you find your way: Lakeside Map

As for getting one, no idea. Turn up early enough and I'm sure there's a possibility. I guess the best bet is to contact Lakeside management regularly and ask for advice and what they'll be doing in terms of doors opening early. Failing that, physically go to and queue outside the apple store for the remainder of the day Wednesday and see what happens come closing time?

24. mactechey macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply 20193 i appreciate it , so what time you getting there mate ? what entrance you using then ?