LAPD investigates officer's actions in Costco shooting

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lapd-investigates-officers-actions-costco-184146995.html
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Los Angeles Police Department is gathering evidence and video footage in an administrative investigation into an off-duty officer who shot and killed a man authorities say attacked him inside a Southern California Costco Wholesale warehouse store.

Authorities remained tight-lipped Sunday, not responding to requests for comment about what provoked the Friday night confrontation and whether anyone but the officer was armed. Two others were critically injured in the shooting in Corona, which is about 40 miles (64 kilometers) east of Los Angeles.

The officer opened fire after Kenneth French, 32, of Riverside, "assaulted" him "without provocation" as the officer held his young child, Corona police said Saturday
I would love to see the video and if the guy will get away with it.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
An outside agency should do the investigating.

Otherwise it’s too easy to sweep it under the rug and announce “we have investigated ourselves and found no evidence of wrongdoing.”

Does CHP have a unit the equivalent of the Texas Rangers?
These actions are quite popular these days. We will investigate this ourselves and let you know what we came up with.:rolleyes:

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
Got a feeling he’s going to fry on this one,
Why? The article:

The officer opened fire after Kenneth French, 32, of Riverside, "assaulted" him "without provocation" as the officer held his young child, Corona police said Saturday

I'd need more information before sending him to the politically correct gas chamber...

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Why? The article:

I'd need more information before sending him to the politically correct gas chamber...
what I mean by it is that I don't see him fairing well at his trial. at the very least doubt he will stay a cop.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Why? If he was attacked while holding his clild you could make an argument is child was in danger.. Like I said, need for facts before condemning him to SJW jail....
there is supposed to be video there, the entire family of the deceased were shot all unarmed.

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
there is supposed to be video there, the entire family of the deceased were shot all unarmed.
Then let it play out.. If he was wrong toss him in prison if crimes were committed. If he violated policy then discipline him internally, including termination...

These burn people at the stake before facts are known just keep getting worse and worse....

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
Then let it play out.. If he was wrong toss him in prison if crimes were committed. If he violated policy then discipline him internally, including termination...

These burn people at the stake before facts are known just keep getting worse and worse....
Wow every time something with LEO happens your response is utterly predictable. Now discussing in a forum is burning him at the stake and SJW?

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
Wow every time something with LEO happens your response is utterly predictable. Now discussing in a forum is burning him at the stake and SJW?
Golly gee..... I dunno what do you call these statements when almost zero facts are known?

Got a feeling he’s going to fry on this one,
what I mean by it is that I don't see him fairing well at his trial. at the very least doubt he will stay a cop.
Based on what we know, fact wise:

What does he need to get away with?
What is he going to fry for?
Why would there be a trial?
Why would he loose his job?

Reactions: jagolden

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Golly gee..... I dunno what do you call these statements when almost zero facts are known?

1What does he need to get away with?
2What is he going to fry for?
3Why would there be a trial?
4Why would he loose his job?
1 shooting
2 shooting of 3 unarmed people
3 see 2
4. see 2

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013

What does he need to get away with?
What is he going to fry for?
Why would there be a trial?
Why would he loose his job?
He shot three unarmed people and killed one of them..... I get your point that we don’t know all the facts but I think people are allowed to have opinions that this was criminal behavior. Also this coming from JKCerda one of the least pc and posters and highly nonpartisan.

Reactions: jkcerda

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
we need an unbiased investigation for that.........
Who says his department can't do that? SJW's? I don't buy that nonsense either. Other officers are NOT going to put their career and freedom on the line to protect a bad one....

Maybe their policy is that all officer involved shootings are farmed out to another department for investigation? If so then SJW will attack that finding..

Let it play out. If his department does the investigation and clears him then demand the FBI investigate IF the findings are fishy...... If the findings are not fishy then let it stand no matter who does it....

Reactions: jagolden

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Who says his department can't do that? SJW's? I don't buy that nonsense either. Other officers are NOT going to put their career and freedom on the line to protect a bad one....

Maybe their policy is that all officers involved shootings are farmed out to another department? If so then SJW will attack that finding..

Let it play out. If his department does the investigation and clear him then demand the FBI investigates IF the findings are fishy......
from post 2
******** “we have investigated ourselves and found no evidence of wrongdoing.”***************

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
from post 2
******** “we have investigated ourselves and found no evidence of wrongdoing.”***************
So then source post 2 to be a factual statement made by his PD re: this case...

I'll wait right here...

When you provide that, I'll agree the FBI needs to take it over.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
So then source post 2 to be a factual statement made by his PD re: this case...

I'll wait right here...

When you provide that, I'll agree the FBI needs to take it over.
that is kind of the point, there should be at least TWO departments investigating, the one the officer belonged to and a separate one

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
that is kind of the point, there should be at least TWO departments investigating, the one the officer belonged to and a separate one
Why? Because SJW think other officers and the DA are going to lie, cover up and manipulate evidence to clear a dirty one? It's a farce......

Anyways, your outrage might be over nothing as maybe it's already his departments policy to farm out officer involved shooting to a different agency....

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Why? Because SJW think other officers and the DA are going to lie, cover up and manipulate evidence to clear a dirty one? It's a farce......

Anyways, your outrage might be over nothing as maybe it's already his departments policy to farm out officer involved shooting to a different agency....
the DA knows whatever the officers tell him/her and that is basically where it ends for the DA.
there IS a thick blue line even if you don't want to admit it.

Reactions: H2SO4

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
there IS a thick blue line even if you don't want to admit it.
There is not.. Sorry to burst the false narrative bubble....

I testified against an evidence manipulating, meth stealing, lying pile of poo as did several other team members. Not a single member of this 'thick blue line' lied for him nor manipulated jack....

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013

They do it all the time....
[doublepost=1560783821][/doublepost]
There is not.. Sorry to burst the false narrative bubble....

I testified against an evidence manipulating, meth stealing, lying pile of poo as did several other team members. Not a single member of this 'thick blue line' lied for him nor manipulated jack....
Wow yeah your one experience trumps all the other hundreds of instances of sweeping things under the rug

Reactions: Night Spring

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013

Because it’s a conflict of interest....

Reactions: ucfgrad93