Large music collection makes playback on iPad unbearably slow...

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by peanutismint, Feb 11, 2012.

1. peanutismint macrumors 6502

peanutismint

I have a very large music collection on my home computer; to listen to this on my iPad without having to copy everything over I used the home networking function of iTunes to stream my music to my iDevices so as not to use up valuable space. Then when I upgraded to iCloud I decided it would be better to do it this way, unfortunately due to my large music library searching or browsing music on my iPad is unbearably slow. Which method would people recommend for music on iPad? iCloud or iTunes home sharing? Is either fast enough to use happily??

2. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

Honestly I think the best option for you would be to just try both and see which seems to perform better for you. It sounds like you've already tried both so maybe they're not much different.

I have an iPad 2 as well as iTunes Match, before that I would use Home Sharing, but only once in awhile.

With a music library size of approximately 19,000 I've noticed minor slow downs with iTM but not enough to really bother me. I've also noticed it on my 4s.

This may be one of the reasons for the 25,000 song limitation.

3. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Get iTunes Match instead... home network sharing is not the same as iTunes Match which i think the poster before is reading here..

4. peanutismint thread starter macrumors 6502

peanutismint

Yeah okay - I do have iTunes Match for my iPhone but think I'm finding home sharing ever so slightly faster considering I rarely take my iPad out of my house..... seems to work better with the huge library!