Larger size iPhone5 replacement question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tnsltwn, Oct 24, 2012.

1. tnsltwn macrumors 6502

tnsltwn

I am taking my iPhone5 to the Apple store to get it replaced for an issue but I wanted to know if Apple would let me get a larger size if I paid the difference? For example I have a 16GB and if that 16GB gets replaced would they let me pay $100 more to get a 32GB? Me thinks no but I decided to not buy another iPad and will just keep all the media on my iPhone5 and I should have got a larger storage one in hindsight. Just wanted to see if anyone who worked at an Apple store would know this or if anyone else had this question and gave it a try. Thanks in advance. :apple:

2. stonyboys macrumors 6502

Is it within the 14 or 30 day return window (not sure which it is)? Because if it is, ask if they'll let you just swap it out and if not then just return it and buy another.

3. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

No they won't. Just like they won't let you swap a white model for a black one. They have their phones organized by SKU's I think, so you'd have to get a replacement phone of the same SKU.

4. tnsltwn thread starter macrumors 6502

tnsltwn

Ahhh. Figured that might be the case. Thanks though.

5. knux11 macrumors regular

if you bought it from the apple store, and it's within 30 days, they SHOULD. i did this like 3 times when the 4s came out, because I couldn't decide what size i wanted. they NEVER gave me a hard time whatsoever.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

That's just sad.