Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As we've followed DirecTV Now's ongoing offer to get an Apple TV 4K at no extra cost when paying for three months of the live streaming TV service for $105, it's been somewhat unclear how long the deal would last. According to our affiliate, today's the last day to take advantage of the deal, as the three-month offer will expire later tonight.

directv-now-apple-tv-4k-offer.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with DirecTV Now. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Afterward, the deal will return back to prepaying for four months of DirecTV Now at $140 to get the Apple TV 4K at no cost, which will last only for a few days through Tuesday, June 12. After that date, the offer -- which kicked off seven months ago in November 2017 -- appears to be ending for good.

The deal continues to provide the best savings for a 32GB Apple TV 4K online (regularly $179), so if you haven't used it yet -- or if you want another Apple TV 4K in your house -- check out the steps on how to redeem it below:
[*]Visit DirecTVNow.com's landing page for the deal
[*]Click "Redeem & Stream"
[*]Select the "Live a Little" package to get the Apple TV at the lowest possible price
[*]Choose if you want to add another stream and premium channels, or click "Skip for now"
[*]Click "Add to plan" under the Apple TV 4K box in the Special offer section
[*]Click "Continue" and go through the account creation and checkout processes Although some users keep their DirecTV Now subscription after the three month period ends, many also choose to cancel the service before they're charged again. Even if you cancel, the Apple TV 4K will be yours to keep once you go through with the sale. DirecTV Now promotes the offer as one for new subscribers only, but existing subscribers can claim it by using an alternative email address from their original account, or by setting up an iCloud email alias.

Head over to our full Deals Roundup for even more of the latest discounts going on this week, including our new and exclusive sale partnership with Twelve South on accessories that will help you declutter and organize your desk space.

Update: It appears AT&T is letting the three-month prepayment deal run just a bit longer than originally planned, so make sure to grab it before it's gone.

Article Link: Last Call: Deal for 3 Months of DirecTV Now and Apple TV 4K at No Cost Expires Today

gravage

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2012
I'd rather just pay for the Apple TV. I can't see myself ever paying for the ability to watch live tv again. Way too many commercials.

It's basically like paying to watch commercials. And to keep profits up and compensate for cord cutters, networks have been cramming in even more commercials and cutting more off the shows .

Nah, dawg. I'm good. Go sell crazy someplace else.
[doublepost=1528484850][/doublepost]
You would rather pay $180 instead of $105?
I'd pay $500 if it meant no commercials. They could offer me cable TV for free and I'd turn it down .

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
It's basically like paying to watch commercials. And to keep profits up and compensate for cord cutters, networks have been cramming in even more commercials and cutting more off the shows .

I'd pay $500 if it meant no commercials. They could offer me cable TV for free and I'd turn it down .
...Just don’t use the service and keep the Apple TV.

Jemi9OD

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Durham, NC
Thanks for the heads up, MacRumors. Just paid $105 (plus tax) for an ATV 4K. I don't have a 4K tv yet, so although I've been wanting one, it's been tough to justify, but at this price it's almost a no-brainer.

Reactions: earthTOmitchel

efktd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2011
USA
Don’t do it. I have this service and the experience has been horrible. Especially the chat only customer service. The agents are nice, but don’t know how to resolve issues. Plus, the app drops connection very often. Not worth it.

Creek0512

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2012
Don’t do it. I have this service and the experience has been horrible. Especially the chat only customer service. The agents are nice, but don’t know how to resolve issues. Plus, the app drops connection very often. Not worth it.
Don’t do what? Is a $75 discount on an Apple TV. Nothing requires you to ever install the app or actually watch anything on the service.

bbednarz

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2017
Chicago
I will say the chat only customer service is super annoying, but ever since they updated the app a few weeks ago the service has been rock solid for me. I dont think I have had a single issue with it (besides the lack of rewinding) since then. The previous version of the app was pretty shaky though.

Reactions: Dj64Mk7

Braderunner

Suspended
Oct 2, 2015
Tralfamadore

Exactly. Cable and satellite companies have been bleeding tv subscribers. Yet, their profits remain the same. It's simple math.
I'm tryin' to keep my profits up! I couldn't care less about theirs.
Plus, this model of charging subscribers for content, and cramming that content full of commercials is dead. Services like Spotify, Apple Music, Netflix, Hulu Premium, Amazon Prime video...that's where things are heading. When you pay for the service, there should be no commercials. Only when the service is free are commercials understandable.

Reactions: tonyr6

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Exactly. Cable and satellite companies have been bleeding tv subscribers. Yet, their profits remain the same. It's simple math.
I'm tryin' to keep my profits up! I couldn't care less about theirs.
This makes little sense at all. Especially if you're trying to keep your profits up. You're right, the math is simple which is why it so odd that you're getting it wrong. Get a ATV for $105 and cancel the sub. Buy an ATV outright. There's no math, simple or otherwise, where choosing the latter "keeps your profits up".

It's the same with gravage. You both seem to be willing to cut off your nose to spite your face. I don't think he got the reference though.

Braderunner

Suspended
Oct 2, 2015
Tralfamadore
This makes little sense at all. Especially if you're trying to keep your profits up. You're right, the math is simple which is why it so odd that you're getting it wrong. Get a ATV for $105 and cancel the sub. Buy an ATV outright. There's no math, simple or otherwise, where choosing the latter "keeps your profits up".

It's the same with gravage. You both seem to be willing to cut off your nose to spite your face. I don't think he got the reference though.
I'm not talking about THAT math. Get your Apple TV for $105. More power to you.
I would just rather not go thru the hassle. It can be found on sale, quite easily, btw.
As far as the math that I am talking about...if you have to ask, you'll never know. Be Best!

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
I'm not talking about THAT math. Get your Apple TV for $105. More power to you.
I would just rather not go thru the hassle. It can be found on sale, quite easily, btw.
As far as the math that I am talking about...if you have to ask, you'll never know. Be Best!
I have no desire for an ATV. Not sure what gave you that impression. I was simply commenting on your mention of math and keeping up profits. As to your secret handshake "math" that no one knows about... you do you brother, you do you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.