Last iPhone will be iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steve~Jobs, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Steve~Jobs macrumors newbie

I believe the next iPhone will be the last one that Steve personally designed or at least had a lot of influence on. I'm hoping it will have a huge "WOW" factor that blows away everything we've seen before much like the very first iPhone did to us. One example could be holographic texting as seen in this video http://youtu.be/W53W_zOwG4k

And who knows what other wild ideas Mr. Jobs had up his sleeves, but hopefully we'll see something very amazing for the last iPhone Steve personally worked on.... your thoughts?

2. matbook101 macrumors 6502

matbook101

3. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

4. Steve~Jobs thread starter macrumors newbie

The holographic texting was just an example I know that the chance of that happening is less then the World ending in December, I just was giving an example of something very amazing and anything with a "wow" factor would be great for the next iPhone.

5. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Large companies typically have a 5-10 year roadmap planned out. While Steve may have seen or have influenced the next iPhone, it's likely he was involved in some long range planning of future devices as well.

The next iPhone will not be the last he had at least some marginal influence in creating.

6. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I highly doubt the next iPhone is the last iPhone Steve had any influence on.

7. ap3604 macrumors 68000

8. bolix macrumors newbie

iPhone 4S is actually the iPhone 5, as in the fifth iPhone.

9. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

Iphone 5 is gonna rock the mobile phone world ;)

thats a promise. meanwhile every other phone that comes out is still being compared to by the 4s ( like always) and even the iphone 4 is still selling like hot cakes :apple:

10. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Let's hope, but I don't anticipate this feature on the next iPhone. But, one can dream.....cool.

11. jer9542 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Better call Saul!

12. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

"I believe" you are pulling this info out of your . . . . .

Steve's touch extended way past the "next" device.

13. speed4tu macrumors member

I am not looking for anything too WOW in the next iphone. There are other phones out there that had everything the iPhones are adding now years ago. Apple doesn't really add new stuff so much as just making older ideas new again and more user friendly. Granted I have had every iphone in between others except the first one so I am not an apple hater. Just stating facts.

14. Dented macrumors 6502a

I have nothing but respect for SJ and the huge positive influence he had and will continue to have on Apple's direction and products, but let's be clear, he never "designed" the iPhone and the iPhone 5 (or whatever the next one is called) wont be his personal invention. Like all that came before it, it'll be the product of many bright people, working to an overall vision that Jobs may have helped create, but the company as a whole has been building on independently for a long time now.

And the iPhone 6? That'll be amazing too.