Last Minute Prediction

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HoopTrundler, Sep 12, 2012.

1. HoopTrundler macrumors member

My dad and I came up with this idea a few months ago, and I've been meaning to post it here for a while but forgot to until recently. I just wanted to post it before the new iPhone gets announced so I can see if the prediction is right and prove that it was thought up before the announcement. :p

When I was telling my dad about the rumors that the iPhone screen would be taller but not wider, he mentioned the possibility that they'll use that extra space to have a special UI component such as a menu. Then it occurred to me that MacRumors had stated the screen would be just tall enough to allow one more row of apps on the home screen, and I realized that that height difference perfectly allows the multitasking bar to be on-screen at all times. Think about it: just like with the iPad, the home button would never really have to be used again. There could be a home icon and even a Siri icon on the multitasking bar, and it would always be up and easily accessible. You could get rid of it if you wanted to, like if you wanted the full screen to watch a movie for instance. Maybe it won't happen, but I just figured that Apple wouldn't do something as odd as increasing just the screen's height without having a specific reason for it. I guess we'll see soon enough though. :apple:

2. langers2010 macrumors member

3. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

No way in hell Apple will do that.

That will confuse the hell out of people.

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Would make it way to difficult to navigate and would create to many accidental button presses. Why waste all the extra space?

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

A remote possibility but nether less a sound thought. Perhaps you could feed it back to apple anyway.

6. tann macrumors 68000

I thin a better feature would be to not have it on the screen permanently as you say but instead of having to double press the home button you should be able to 1 finger swipe UP to bring it up!

Like the notification tray is one finger pull down, why cant the other thing be 1 finger pull up? It could even have the little pull down thing when you're using apps to stop you accidentally doing it! Would make my life a hell of a lot easier at least :p.