iPad Last of a couple of Ios6 bugs appears

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Mikes2pads, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

Just when I thought my new iPad had gone through its ios6 glitches and had cleared them and was now working flawlessly ,I notice it will not automatically o to sleep. I've been hitting the power button to put it to bed.
    A wifi glitch which came along with the update is gone and is working fine now.
    There was something else relatively small which escapes my memory right now but it has been what I consider perfect. Just like my ipad2 which has beentruly perfect since day 1. After a backlight bleeding replacement that is.

Would anyone know a solution? Anyone familiar with the device suddenly staying on even though settings are all ok. ? There's no Smart Cover... Thanks

2. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

Check your settings in settings<general<auto-lock
    :)

3. Mikes2pads thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Went into that. I usually set 2 min. The darn device just stays awake.
    Boot , boot again, hard boot... It just sits there staring at me.
    I guess I should make a Genius Bar appointment. it should be something they can figure quickly. I hope. Frustrating.
    Not used to these behaviors. Thanks again Tony.

4. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

You can always try a restore with no backup but that is pushing it because of contacts/data/ settings you have on it.

I would go to the Genius Bar if its close by