Late 2006 MBP -- old battery warped, bought new battery -- NOT CHARGING?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rnc505, Sep 18, 2011.

1. rnc505 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

So on my MBP that I've had since late 2006, the battery began to warp... It got soo bad, and I couldn't even use the click button and it would click randomly.

An offical Apple replacement battery is hard to find and UBER expensive, so I went to eBay and found a USA after-market MBP battery for my model.

So, I get it and its awesome! More battery than my MBP has ever had -- > 4 hours lol...

Not wanting to kill my battery like I did last time, I used it my MBP without keeping it constantly plugged in., so when I came time to charge I get this:

[​IMG]

And the LED light on my charger is showing green. I've shut it down, restarted, put to sleep, and nothing seems to get the charge going.

Literally if I were to "pull the plug on my charger" my MBP would just put itself to sleep until I were to plug it back in because the battery is <5%.

So do I need to reset the SMC or PRAM or PVRAM or whatever they're called (and what do they do?), or do I need to send back the eBay battery and just man up and buy an official Apple replacement?

Thanks guys,
    Robby

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

PRAM/NVRAM has nothing to do with power, charging or battery issues. Reset the SMC. I wouldn't trust any battery that didn't come from Apple. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: