Late 2011 Macbook Pro with Mountain Lion cannot find wifi, but ipad and iphone can

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tmcbeth80, Nov 29, 2012.

1. tmcbeth80 macrumors newbie

I have a Macbook Pro but it can not locate the wifi that's available. However, both my iphone and ipad have no problems locating the wifi and connecting to the internet. Any suggestions?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Reset the PRAM and SMC if you haven't done that already. If that doesn't fix it, I would think you have hardware problem. Check with Apple to get your WiFi card replaced.

3. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Did you try to manually connect, like joining other network and fill in the wireless network name and password.

Also, you are not the first one to have problems, could still be OS related, still plenty of bugs in both Lion and M.Lion.

4. Success100 macrumors newbie

i get this stupid crap all the time. most frustrating issue with this thing. Im thinking of taking it in. For no rhyme or reason, all of my other devices can access wifi and the macbook will just not do it. I regularly have to disable/reenable firewall, reset SMC/Pram, reset, renew dhcp leases just to get the stupid thing to connect, meanwhile, my iphone works just fine each time i get home. I almost thru my late2011 13inch yesterday because nothing was working.