Late 2013 13'' MacBook Pro Retina for $490. Is that a fair deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by testudoaubreii, May 1, 2019.

1. testudoaubreii macrumors regular

Hi. My question is pretty much what the title asks. I posted a similar question about a 2013 MBPr, but now I am ready to pull the trigger. Here are the specs for $490:

13.3" Retina display
    8GB RAM
    512GB SSD
    149 cycles on the battery

It is in pretty good condition, too. It has been in a case since they had it and the display looks great. I will be using it pretty much just for Garageband, media consumption and the occasional game stream from my gaming rig.

Do you all think this is a good deal for that device?

Thank you in advance for your help!

2. chscag macrumors 68040

chscag

Price seems okay. Make sure it does not have a firmware password entered and that it's not locked by "find my Mac". Test it extensively before buying it.

3. testudoaubreii thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, it is unlocked and appears to be in really nice condition considering it is almost 6 years old.

4. pshufd macrumors 6502a

I took a look at the prices for this model in my area and the price you have is pretty good for my area. The range is $450 to $650 in my area. The price range reflects condition and specs.

5. testudoaubreii thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you for looking and letting me know. That sounds good and I feel comfortable with that price for those specs and its condition.

6. dantracht macrumors 6502

dantracht

Sounds like a great deal! I just scored a 2015 13” MBP myself today. Good luck!

7. testudoaubreii thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! I just ordered it and will be here on Saturday.