Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ezsobre

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
Hi all.

I've literally had my new 15-inch mbp for a less than a month (got it Oct. 31, 2013). My screens already jacked up. Looks like the lower right corner of the display has suffered some sort of area-wide color change, so that the area appears white in color than the rest of the screen. I have no idea how this happened. Any thoughts?

It's still under warranty so i'll just take it in, but what could this possibly be?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 633
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
That is the worst screen I've seen yet. Hope they replace the machine for you.

ezsobre

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
Is this a known problem? What is it referred to as?

I should add that the wavy color pixelation looking thing is from my taking a photo with my phone, not from the screen itself. The screen itself just has the issue in the lower right. And when i take a screenshot on the computer, it doesn't show up, so it looks like its superficial, on the glass protecting the screen.

Last edited:

ezsobre

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
Also, it looks to be shrinking. And now there are specs of grey against the bright white background. Compare the first photo to the second one.

AndrewMRiv

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2013
Wow! I have no idea of what that could be...

My only guess would be that maybe it was dropped or received some water damage somehow.

I'm glad that you still have it under warranty and are going to get that taken care of!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.