late 2013 15" rMBP with jagged edges in CS6 and MS Word

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Vsgrpphoto, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Vsgrpphoto macrumors newbie

Vsgrpphoto

I am a brand new Mac user. I just bought rMBP 15" and loaded with both CS6 and MS Word. Now, when I opened CS6 and/or MS word, I see that there are jagged edges in photos and the letters around the app itself (please see attached screen shots for system info and sample image). Any advices would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

You need to do all the updates for retina display support for both CS6 and Office 2011. You'll have a lot with the Microsoft update app, keep doing updates till there are no more left.

3. Wuiffi macrumors 6502a

Wuiffi

they are probably not retina optimized. Check for updates, than everything should be fine (Word 14.2.4 upwards supports retina)

4. Vsgrpphoto thread starter macrumors newbie

Vsgrpphoto

Thank you both very much for your quick responses! I will update both and will report back ASAP!

5. Vsgrpphoto thread starter macrumors newbie

Vsgrpphoto

Updated on CS...working perfect. Still waiting for MsOffice. :)

6. SuperMini macrumors member

Office 11 has support, you just have to keep updating, closing and reopening word to get each update. Think I had to update mine 2 or three times and it eventually came through.

7. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

Think its at least four maybe five times. Right hand menu on word check for updates. Think the first update updates the updater itself iirc.

8. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Or you could download the latest patch from Microsoft and install it yourself without having to run the auto updater five times. You can then keep the file on a thumb drive or some kind of external backup in case you need to reinstall.

9. Vsgrpphoto thread starter macrumors newbie

Vsgrpphoto

Once again, thank you all! MS Office is now updated and working superb.

It took two updates and it went through. :)