Late 2013 MB Pro 13" Battery life terrible after last OS X update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eric-PTEK, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

Anyone else?

I drop about 10-15 percent per half hour just surfing. Once I hit 15 percent it drops like a rock.

Was at 8 percent when I decided to post this. Went to the site, logged in, and typed this, 6 percent.

Battery says its fine, 96 percent life. Just happened with the very last update.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. DanGoh macrumors 6502

DanGoh

Just reporting that my late 2013 13" is doing just fine after latest update. Maybe going from 10:30 to 10:00 on a full charge.

4. mickeydean macrumors 6502

Just using safari. Checked all processes. At most a couple pdfs and a few tabs of safari. 4h max on 15" 2013 macbook pro. 30% brightness and WIFI. No bluetooth etc.

5. NicCPH macrumors newbie

Hi there.

I have experienced similar spikes/drops in battery after osx upgrades. I'm on a 17' mid 2010 and probably had a drop at around 20% after upgrading to 10.9.5.

I am at 1518 battery cycles, so will probably soon be looking into a new battery. Just wanted to point out that I experienced the same thing.