Latest Evidence of Liberal Fascism

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by fivepoint, Mar 11, 2010.

1. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/loc...roposed-new-york-salt-ban-absurd-20100310-akd

Want to read the actual bill?
    http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld=&bn=A10129&Summary=Y&Text=Y

Let's all give a bit shout-out to this Democratic liberal progressive fascist, Felix Oritz, for trying to protect salt-addicted Americans, everywhere!

Come on, liberals... I'd like to see some real repudiation of this proposed law. Surely you don't support fascism, and an over-reaching nanny-state? Surely you don't support this disgusting attempt at controlling our lives? Surely you support basic liberty and free choice?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

3. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Umm..wait- so Michael Bloomberg is now a liberal fascist as well? I thought he was a right wing Republican, who recently became an independent. Sorry fivepoint, this has nothing to do with liberalism. This kind of nonsense crosses the aisles- and it is nonsense.

What I take issue with is your inflammatory rhetoric. You don't want to have an honest discussion, you want to start a fight. Well, have fun. No one here is going to take you seriously when you continue to come in here foaming at the mouth. And you know what? I'm against this too. When you're ready to have a rational discussion, let us know.

5. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Fine, but...

I object to your rhetorical technique. This is an obvious framing technique that does very little to add to the discussion. Secondly, the requirement to remove salt from foods is incredibly silly and a waste of the taxpayers dime, but to call it fascism is to use the world so broadly it nearly loses its meaning.

Frankly this post is beneath you.

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I agree. Banning is too much. Restaurants, however, should be made to produce nutritional guidelines for their meals so consumers can make an informed choice if they wish to.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If Chef's aren't allowed to cook with salt, surely you'd be allowed to ask for them to add salt if you wanted?

8. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

While I think the salt ban is misguided at best, really Fivepoint? Fascist?

You know why politics is such a slippery slope? It's the slant people take.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Really? Seemed typical to me.

10. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

I completely agree. The partisan crap is getting out of control. How's about we hold all of our Politicians accountable rather than just blaming the liberals or conservatives based on who's in control at that particular moment in time.

11. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Absolutley terrible idea and completely indefensible.

As is vacuous culture wars thread number 2343243 from fivepoint.

Kinda par for the course actually.....

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Exactly- everything bad in the world is because of the "liberals!" Utter garbage.

13. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

I don't agree with it. I'm sure you agree with every piece of legislation that any republican has ever proposed?

14. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Though I share the common sentiment of the absurdity of this "salt" hijack by this loony New York Democrat, it is illustrative of the type of huge government regulatory takeover Democrats favor and such absurd examples are good for the nation to witness... Let us all pay close attention to such ram-it-through attempts at social dictatorship - this about salt of all things - so we avoid the Democrat/Government/Regulatory agenda and avoid it all costs...

5:1 odds Assemblyman Felix Ortiz has stock/interest in salt substitutes and he's getting kickbacks from this...

15. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Nope. You will have to go to a seedy underground restaraunt and give a password to the doorman to gain entry. There will be violence in the streets over salt trafficking.

16. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

The empty culture wars rhetorhic is out in force today.

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

As if conservatives don't favor social dictatorship. :rolleyes: Many of them most certainly do. ITN certainly isn't one to talk.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Notice how fivepoint hasn't been back to defend this piece of **** he calls a thread :rolleyes:

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I think he and ITN are getting together for a Tea Party. :)

20. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

It's all partisan with them.

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Thought so.

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

What do you mean by "social dictatorship"?

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Telling people they have to live by the rules of the Bible, etc... ITN definitely favors laws made based on the Bible. Just ask him.

24. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

How about checking out a definition of facism dear MR poster huh?!!!

Sure banning salt is an insult to basic liberty and free choice (/sarcasm).

25. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

There are lots of words I could use to describe it but really, it doesn't matter. What matters is the content, what matters is the controls these liberal control-freaks are trying to put on the masses. Are there right-wingers who like to control things too? Absolutely, but in America today, it's far more likely to come from the left... limits on salt, what fats we can eat, limits on where we can smoke, if we can smoke, if we must wear a seatbelt or not, larger issues like eminent domain or gun rights. The progressive liberal big-government machine tries to control our lives at every turn. They claim it's in an effort to save us from ourselves... better save those stupid people who can't make decisions for themselves. All government programs come with strings attached. In my humble opinion, you can't legislate common sense and liberty is one of the most important things for us to spend out time defending. It's an incredibly slippery slope... you give some liberties away, and they just want to take more of them.

BTW, if anyone here wants to claim that the Mayor of NYC is conservative, and not a liberal... I'll get in that argument all day long. He's a liberal leaning progressive. He's about as far away from a constitutional small-gov't conservative as you can get as a former Republican.

I find it laughable that the liberals on this forum try to sweep away these claims as a 'unique instance'. Like these types of things have never happened before, like the liberal elite have never tried to control, manipulate, and destroy the liberties of every day average citizens. Our liberties are being attacked from all fronts, but progressive liberals are by far the biggest contributors.

You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. There's a long history of Liberal Fascism, destruction of basic liberties throughout American and world history. Big government is often sold as a 'savior' for the problems of ordinary people, but in reality it enslaves them through small control after small law, after small ban, after small tax, until one day you wake up and it's all gone.