Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacHead84

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 25, 2013
I am a guest in the land of smiles
Today I tried to updated my iPad Air 2 via OTA to iOS 10.1 but it sucked at around 20% and now it keeps restarting continuously.
Already tried the hold On/Off and Home buttons but that didn't work. What can I do to fix this?

Any help, please?

Thanks
MacHead84

hyelton

macrumors member
May 23, 2015
Today I tried to updated my iPad Air 2 via OTA to iOS 10.1 but it sucked at around 20% and now it keeps restarting continuously.
Already tried the hold On/Off and Home buttons but that didn't work. What can I do to fix this?

Any help, please?

Thanks
MacHead84
You'll need to restore in iTunes. Which wipes everything.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
These are the reasons Ive moved on from the iPad Air 2 to the iPad pro 12.9
I was having alot of issues with my iPad Air 2. Updates were taking a very long time, my iPhone was done for around 15-20 minutes and they would start at the same time. And then I would have to restart my Ipad Air 2 almost everyday, it was lagging and freezing on most apps. I think iOS 10 is too much for it to handle or Apple does it so we upgrade more often...

hyelton

macrumors member
May 23, 2015
I was having alot of issues with my iPad Air 2. Updates were taking a very long time, my iPhone was done for around 15-20 minutes and they would start at the same time. And then I would have to restart my Ipad Air 2 almost everyday, it was lagging and freezing on most apps. I think iOS 10 is too much for it to handle or Apple does it so we upgrade more often...
Well this iOS 10.1 update is also soft bricking iPhone 7s which is supposed to handle iOS 10 just fine lol. It soft bricked mine

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA

Interesting. My experience with my Air 2 is completely the opposite of yours - no problems with updates, including 10.1 now; I rarely do a restart; and no lagging or freezing on any apps (and I have a ton of them on my 128GB device). Same goes for my wife's Air 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.