Latest iTunes won't let me sync my iPhone 4 or add new music?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Imola Ghost, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I don't know what's going on I can't add new music, sync my iPhone or anything with iTunes, it does let me play music though. I've got the latest version 10.2.2 or whatever it latest. When I add new music I get nothing but spinning beach balls, even after a restart of my laptop.

When I try and sync my iPhone 4 I get the same results and it just hangs with spinning beach balls.

Ideas?

If for some reason I need to reinstall iTunes, what do I need to do to keep my library and playlists in tact?

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

go to your itunes folder and copy/paste it to desktop and reinstall (if it comes down to it) then when it's completed, replace the itunes folder with the one from desktop.

Sounds to me like something went corrupt. I'd do a reinstall, especially if this happened after you did an update.

3. Advil macrumors 6502a

the new itunes was buggy as hell for me too. it kept crashing and wouldn't update my iphone or ipad. i just downloaded it from itunes.com and reinstalled it and it's good as new now.

i think it might have been a corrupt file from the default update app in OSX