Latest news - Mueller's safe for now...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jun 14, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/13/us/politics/robert-mueller-special-counsel-trump.html

For now, the staff has prevailed. “While the president has every right to” fire Mr. Mueller, “he has no intention to do so,” the White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters late Tuesday.

But people close to Mr. Trump say he is so volatile they cannot be sure that he will not change his mind about Mr. Mueller if he finds out anything to lead him to believe the investigation has been compromised. And his ability to endure a free-ranging investigation, directed by Mr. Mueller, that could raise questions about the legitimacy of his Electoral College victory, the topic that most provokes his rage, will be a critical test for a president who has continued on Twitter and elsewhere to flout the advice of his staff, friends and legal team.

2. zin macrumors 6502

A healthy amount of suspicion should surround the special counsel. He hired Democratic lawyers and a former Clinton Foundation attorney.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Clearly an evil plot to overthrow Trump at all costs. Do I have that right?

4. zin macrumors 6502

Yes, I wouldn't doubt it. The 'Deep State' does exist, despite CNN telling you otherwise.

But at this stage, I would be suspicious of him hiring these people. I don't think he should be fired at this time.

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I don't watch CNN.

I think Trump and his administration are not forthcoming and have a lot to answer to. I think that it's telling that we have yet to hear Trump state that there was Russia hacking. Regardless of outcome - he can't say it. Which is funny since he liked to call Obama out for not using certain vocabulary.

Trump's house of cards could fall down - and the sole blame would be on him - or more specifically, his mouth/tweeting fingers.

6. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I would think it's a little too late to fire him now that Trump is under investigation for obstruction. The optics would be absolutely awful.

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Did we get that evidence linking Russian state to the hacking yet? I sure as **** haven't seen it.

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

What clearance do you have ;)

9. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

At this point it can wait. If they show Trump was obstructing, they'll get the proof after his impeachment so he can go directly to jail.

10. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

He'll still demand his $200

11. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

What would it take for you to believe that something that looks bad for Trump is because he actually did something wrong?

12. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You still don't get it. This has gone further than Russia, which is what you keep trying to deflect it to. Now this has gone to the firing of the Director of the FBI, which sure as hell can allude to obstruction of justice. Russia has little to nothing to do with the obstruction investigation, and is a separate and ongoing issue altogether.

I'll put it in simple words for you: Trump under investigation for Obstruction of Justice. Trump currently not under investigation for Russia.

BL.

13. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

So our democracy is no longer at risk? That was the battle cry from the left when this whole Russian thing was created. Thing will come of this. The Soviet Show Trial of Sessions backfired yesterday and this too will fizzle. What other magic tricks does the left have up its sleeve after this fails to produce anything?

14. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I would call a President obstructing putting democracy at risk - wouldn't you? Or would it only be if Hillary wound up President?

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

We were told that the Russian hacking was putting our democracy at risk. Then Bradl said it's elevated from Russia to Trump obstructing. Ergo, our democracy must no longer be at risk. The Russian hacking is no longer important, it's all about Trump obstructing. The left has a new squirrelly chase it seems.

16. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I'm just enjoying the hypersensitivity of you and others because Trump is now being investigated. I imagine most Americans prefer to get to the truth of all matters. But by all mean - keep trying to make this about the left causing problems. Trump is the issue.

17. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Investigate him. I really don't care. But soon the lefty bag of investigation topics will be empty.

18. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Or it won't. Or Trump and his colleagues will keep creating reasons to be investigated. Keep on blaming the left for the actions of the right. Good strategy!

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Prepare to be very disappointed. Just like yesterday.

20. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I wasn't disappointed because I had no expectations. Prepare for a long investigation and for this to haunt Trump throughout his Presidency - regardless of innocence. He's making quite a bed to lie in - pun intended.

21. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Trump is already a disappointment, it would be harder to get more so.

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Gee i read those talking points in the paper over the weekend, c'mon.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 14, 2017 ---
    Yah plus Trump just keeps doubling down. Even when no one's baiting him, he loads the hook up himself and goes after it. The guy is mind boggling.

I'm heading off to snuggle with a cat, eat a bowl of cereal and resume investigating what my first beach read should be this summer now that the season's apparently landed here with a couple 80º days in a row. Your turn to watch Trump overnight. :p

23. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You are drawing that conclusion. And note that I never said that the other investigation has ended in lieu of this investigation. You are making that assumption, not anyone else. Yes, the Russia issue is still under investigation. This investigation - the obstruction of justice - is occurring in parallel to the other investigation.

I would hope that you would live in an absolute and world, not absolute or, for the latter gets you the assumptions that you have.

BL.

24. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Trump did this to himself. No democrat forced him to lean on the FBI Director or to fire him. This boils down to Trump's insecurity about his election. I can understand his frustration, but a rational person would have recognised the narrow margin of victory and would have been more conciliatory. Instead, Trump has thrown his weight around. It's a tragic miscalculation.

25. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I watched Howdy Doody Sessions yesterday, and was absolutely not disappointed. He cracked under pressure, and simply refused to answer questions (contempt, anywhere else).