Latest poll numbers are in, Hello President Clinton

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by WarHeadz, Jun 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Hot off the Bloomberg presses, the first polls released since the massacre. Clinton now enjoys a comfy 12% lead over Trump. Importantly, 63% of women (who make up a majority of voters) say they can never vote for him and his standing amongst white men isn't even that great, only 50% support.
    -1x-1.png

As for Orlando, seems that the attempted Muslim witch hunt has backfired on the GOP. Support for banning weapons such as the AR-15 is almost neck in neck with opposition.
    -1x-1-2.png

This election has already been decided. The Oompa Loompa is done.

2. Robisan macrumors 6502

I'm a little wary of this poll. They must have really pushed the undecideds to choose an option because I don't believe only 4% are undecided. IMO both Clinton and Johnson's numbers contain some undecideds that may not be real. Still, Lil' Donnie in the 30's has got to sting.

...adding, the thing I look for in polls right now is whether Trump goes above 45% and whether Clinton goes below 45%. Until one (or both) of those things happen on a consistent basis Trump is in trouble.

3. WarHeadz thread starter macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

True, the NBC poll lead is a bit more conservative. 7 points. The trend is still similar though.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...ad-after-becoming-presumptive-nominee-n591531

4. MadeTheSwitch, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016

MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Other polls are showing this trend too. Between the judge comments, and all the crazy things he is saying now, Trump is losing steam. That's not to say he can't get it back later. But right now he is not doing good, Republicans have backed away from him, his rally attendance appears to be down, heck even his supporters here on this site haven't been talking about him much.

Meanwhile Hillary and Obama have been hammering him. Trump's comebacks have been weak. He's allowed legitimate openings to pass him by, preferring to remain obsessed over the "Mexican" judge instead. And his Orlando comments haven't been too great either.

5. Robisan macrumors 6502

"The (Reuters/Ipsos tracking) poll, conducted from Friday to Tuesday, showed Clinton with an 11.6-point lead - 44.6 percent to 33.0 percent - over Trump..." Clearly they are not pushing undecideds to choose and at 45 to 33 there must be a lot of undecideds. That's why 4% undecideds in Bloomberg isn't credible.

...adding, yea Clinton is under 45% here, but Trump is at 33% so...

6. WarHeadz thread starter macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

This country is absolutely repulsed by Trump. I can't see anyone currently planning on voting for Clinton jumping on the Trump wagon between now and November. Of course, anything can happen in 4 months. I think it's safe to say that if these numbers continue into August or September it's pretty much all but set in stone.

7. Robisan macrumors 6502

If the numbers are like this in late September Trump will quit. Seriously. IMO there's no way Trump will allow himself to be humiliated on election day.

...adding, have no idea what would happen if a major nominee quits say six weeks before an election. Does the GOP get to replace? How? Remember, we vote for electors. Could the GOP say vote for Trump electors and they'll vote for e.g. Paul Ryan?

8. WarHeadz thread starter macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I don't think he'll drop out. I think he's going to attempt a Steve Jobs style reality distortion field. When that doesn't work and he loses the election he's going to give a furious concession speech blaming his loss on a "rigged system" and promising to be back in 2020 (he won't be). It will be the most obnoxious and non gracious concession speech in US history.

9. Robisan macrumors 6502

And it will be a glorious to watch. I cannot wait.

10. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Many of the people that support Trump do not read Bloomberg or would knowing participate in anything affiliated with Mr. Bloomberg, so my guess is those results might be a bit skewed.

Edit: Changed "Most" to "Many"

11. vrDrew macrumors 65816

That's not how the poll was conducted. Read their methodology:

This wasn't an online poll of people browsing Bloomberg New websites.

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

So your are inferring the massacre was a good thing?

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Where do you come up with this ****? He is clearly stating that Trump unpresidential and child-like response to Orlando hurt him. Donald Trump is having a really, really bad 3 weeks.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Some people don't even know the details of the massacre yet, might be a bit early to celebrate.

15. caesarp macrumors 6502a

What's scary is 31% think that Obama sides with Muslims. Who are those morons? Pretty scary that people think like that. Who are those people?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 15, 2016 ---
    I think Hillary wins in a landslide. The average somewhat educated American realizes that Trump is unfit and unqualified.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Trump supporters.

17. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

This thread is making this sound like it's a good thing. Hillary Clinton is running against a monkey and is only defeating it by 7-12 points. There's a strong quality candidate right there

Cripes we're stupid

18. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

She will probably win, but it won't be by a landslide since she is also a terrible candidate. If the Democrats had nominated someone that wasn't as universally hated to go up against Trump it would have been a landslide, but no with Clinton (at least in the electoral college).
    --- Post Merged, Jun 15, 2016 ---
    Well if you look into the methodology the extent of pushing the undecideds to chose was to to ask "Toward which do you lean?" if they initially said they were not sure. Now there is obviously some rounding going on in the published numbers, but it looks like when they asked them that Clinton and Johnson both went up 1% while Trump went up 2% I don't know if that is enough to be statistically significant in this context, but if so it would seem to indicate that the undecideds that they got to make a choice went fro Trump rather than Clinton.

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Trump unfavorables up to 70% vs. Hillary's 55%.
    89% for Hispanics and 94% for blacks.
    77% for women. 73% for moderates.
    52% white men and 53% blue collar whites.

Trump is having a really, really, bad 3 weeks.

20. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Nothing has changed.

Hillary bought her way to the Coronation long ago. With a massive influx of cash from every imaginable source, she's busy snuggling with Huma as the clock ticks down.

Hillary takes over where Hussein left off, her supporters roar in approval.

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Get psychological help.

22. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

OP: you forgot to add the very low approval ratings of the Republican-dominated Congress.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

They poll lower than anal warts.

24. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

So true.

In such disarray, the Republican party is a huge asset to Hillary. They're helping to propel her to the top. Making her wet dream come true.

25. Huntn, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'd rephrase it to say a larger portion of the country is repulsed by Trump than supports him. I'm alarmed by the sizable numbers who actually support prejudice as a standard and altering the Constitution, destroying the concept of liberty, although I doubt they have put too much thought into it, besides what they think is good for their specific needs. The country is degenerating and it's alarming. Trump would be better suited to fill the warlord/dictator role. Fortunately there are no such provisions in our system of government. Maybe he could install himself as Supreme Leader in some 3rd world country.

From the political standpoint, the problem with President Obama, he just sounds too reasoned and reasonable, and it drives the Right crazy. Even when he speaks forcefully, politically they'd never acknowledge it, just like they are against ideas that normally they agree with because it does not suit their game of not allowing a Democrat President to get anything done.

We are in worst state of anytime since the Great Depression. The US may be turning into an excellent example of how democracy can fail. Our concepts of good for the country are diametrically opposed and our system allows for gridlock. Is there a better structure of government?