Latest polls show Trump taking a hit

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Aug 1, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

http://www.salon.com/2016/08/01/hillarys_big_convention_bounce_cbs_poll_shows_clinton_with_a_7_lead

A CBS News poll shows Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton leading Donald Trump by seven points.

46% of the 1,393-person random sample said they preferred Clinton, while 39% preferred Trump.

The GOP establishment suffered another blow on Monday, as Gallup polling revealed that for the first time ever, Republican respondents said they were net 15% less likely to vote for their party’s nominee after the convention.

Good news for the country.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I think that is what some call "convention bounce", he rose after the convention as well.

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Amy Walter said on The News Hour that Trump is having zero negative effect on down-ballot Republicans. In other words, voters do not blame the GOP for Trump. Bad news for Chuck Schumer and anyone hoping the Senate will flip.

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Smart people refer to it as people coming to their senses. Also - I think more telling, is the biggest decline within his own party.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

To tie.

I think Trump's support of the Russians and anti-military stance just so he could be bigoted against muslims is coming back to bite him.

6. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

It's likely part convention bounce and part regression to the mean.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

oh yeah :mad: /S

wait till wiki leaks releases more stuff :D

8. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

..and wait until Trump opens up his mouth again. He's already having a vowel movement on Twitter today about CNN.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

DON'T care, it's a race to the bottom, hope Hillary goes to jail & trump goes to hell :D

10. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I'm pretty sure Trump won't have to wait in line.

11. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

We've discussed polls ad nauseam here, they mean nothing, especially since a poll can be easily manipulated. What intrigues me is the viewer ratings from the conventions and the FB and Twitter followers the candidates have. I think they are the real stats for a modern day take.

12. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Regression to the mean? I think Trump has been mean pretty much his entire life.:p

13. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

Trump badly miscalculated his answer to Mr. Khan. He should've redirected the argument to HRC's record (vote for the war, speech on the floor saying that she was voting with conviction and to give full power to the POTUS, voted for re-financing the war, destabilization of Libya making even fun of the whole situation "we came, we saw, Ghaddafi died") with a simple statement, adding that he would not make the same mistake.
    Huge blunder.

15. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Smart Independent Thinkers see the Evil Corruption in the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Here's but another example of liberal progressive criminal actions.

"On Sunday’s Breitbart News Daily with SiriusXM host Alex Marlow, political strategist Pat Caddell outlined his charge that Reuters tampered with its own daily tracking poll to manufacture a sudden surge for Hillary Clinton.

“They not only changed their formula, to put Hillary ahead. They went back and changed the results, for a week of results where Trump was ahead, and then they turned those into Hillary leads,” said Caddell. “They also erased all the former polling off the site. They didn’t tweak their procedure – they cooked it.”

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016...-news-organization-do-something-so-dishonest/

#LockHerUp

16. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Given his recent antics, it won't be the first time people surmise he is trying to ruin his own campaign... any conclusions after that is due only to loose associative reasoning...
    --- Post Merged, Aug 1, 2016 ---
    Why didn't he?

17. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Sorry are these charges or facts? Is Breitbart left or right leaning?

18. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I think the Khan attack will be remembered as the nail in the coffin for Trump after the election. It was a genius move by the Democrats to set the bait like that, and Trump being the moron that he is snatched the bait and refused to let it go. Beautiful.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'm not worried.

Benghazi.
    Emails.
    Isis....

At this rate by mid September we will learn that Hillary's diet consists of nothing but aborted kitten fetus'. Of course she will get a pass because she doesn't know that it's wrong to eat only aborted feline fetus'.

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Beat me to it.

Baited (well profound bait, to be honest), hoping that his ego would take it. It did and then some, and now it's being reeled in than a cage in a king crab and lobster hunt. The question is.. can Trump's ego keep from taking the bait? Because if it can't, then not only can he easily be trolled like this again, but he proved Hillary's statement to be absolutely spot on:

BL.

21. vrDrew macrumors 65816

There are just under a hundred days until the election.

How likely is it that Donald Trump will be able to come up with at least one hundred verbal gaffes; sexually or racially offensive remarks; etc. in the coming hundred days?

Just today he's managed to insult fire marshalls; doubled-down on his spiteful bashing of a Gold Star family; betrayed a stunning lack of understanding of workplace sexual harassment; and exhibited an almost willful lack of knowledge of the situation in Ukraine. (Probably one of the most critical issues a new President may have to deal with.)

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This may be the image that sums up the campaign.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

He's gonna get hit so hard, his head will spin...he wouldn't know what happened...he's gonna get hit so hard, his head spinning...he'll never recover

24. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

He can use Hilary's excuse of "I didn't know".

25. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

It's a shame you post words that are meaningless by themselves without facts to back them up. Enjoy your bubble.