Latinos for Trump Founder: If We Don’t Act, ‘You’re Gonna Have Taco Trucks on Every Corner’

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Sep 1, 2016.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wow...just wow. I have heard of racism before (of course) but I don't think I have ever heard anyone be racist towards his own people!

He also mentioned that was the reason why Spain couldn't conquer them. :rolleyes:

Pretty outrageous especially for a person of Mexican heritage.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/latinos-...youre-gonna-have-taco-trucks-on-every-corner/

The great thing is that this has already spawned some funny hashtags:

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/...supporter-warns-of-taco-trukcs-on-9199015.php

2. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

3. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'm shocked....lol.

4. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I was going to say effectively the same. Tacos? Please.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

More people here means more competition for jobs , simple as that

6. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

you sure he wasn't just having an old joshing around? i would love taco trucks on every corner to be honest. i just ate dinner and the thought is already making me hungry...

i know thats not the point of your post, but what an interesting thought if you seriously considered it

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Okay if illegals brought taco trucks instead of driving drunk and using our ER rooms like public restrooms I'd be all for illegal immigration.

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I just can't figure out where the guy is coming from. Pretty much everybody likes tacos. It might even by unAmerican by now to be against tacos.

FancyFishTacos.jpg

9. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Did you watch the video clip within the story? If not, do so. The guy was not joking.

10. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

11. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

But there are also more jobs to tend to the needs of additional people. Also, you have to factor in kinds of jobs. Are they taking jobs away from legal citizens? How many? Or are they doing jobs no one else will do. And how many are even coming across? You do realize the number is down right?

12. Robisan macrumors 6502

And that's a bad thing why?

Where I live there actually are taco trucks on practically every street. $1 tacos make America great. Thanks, Obama. Yo taquero, dos mas por favor!

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

o_O
    12-20 million illegals here already
    Jobs that no one else will do? Like what jobs?
    If these guys are working then yes citizens are displaced. Same goes for school , the CC that I attended was full of dreamers

14. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

15. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

Hurray! Something we can all agree on. #bringonthetacotrucks

16. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Cilantro and something that looks like ranch. What is it with you guys and cultural appropriation? This is why other countries can't have nice things:mad:.

(Blah... not the same as when Renzatic posted this stuff. I should probably stick to my usual snark.)

17. 617aircav Suspended

Unfortunate comments from someone who knows what's good for his country.

18. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

19. jnpy!$4g3cwk, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016

jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Thank you for saving me the trouble of finding an article, but, I don't agree with the usual conclusion. All this proves is that since the U.S. has a common internal market and a common labor market, you can't unilaterally apply this within a state without screwing your own state.

On The Other Hand, immigration of low-skilled economic migrants from other countries depresses wages and employment for low-skilled American youth.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/feds/2010/201003/201003pap.pdf

Roughly 1/3 of youth go on to actually graduate from a 4-year college. Source. The other 2/3 are competing for jobs that don't require a bachelor's degree.

Unfortunately, a rational discussion of the real socioeconomic impact of low-skilled immigration is not possible in the current political environment.

Donald Trump's campaign of irrational hate and fear of the other is the most politically dangerous development in the last 80 years.

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Where is renzatic these days. Vacation again?

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Roughly half the US dairy farm workers are immigrants, nationally. It's harder and harder to get American dairy farm workers, certainly true in upstate NY. The farmers' kids pretty much are bailing for tech futures, which does make sense. Meanwhile upstate farmers here do hire Mexicans and Central Americans, and it's possible that some are undocumented. The farmers themselves favor immigration reform so that this fades as an issue and a costly hassle.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-dairy-immigration-20150330-story.html

http://www.marketplace.org/2015/11/11/economy/immigrant-workers-help-save-wisconsin-dairy-farms

http://www.dailyyonder.com/immigrant-dairy-workers-changing-rural-kansas/2016/08/18/14249/

Another reason Americans don't want to do dairy farming is that not even the immigrants want to do it any more, thanks to pressure on labor from agribusiness consolidating the dairy industry and farmers reacting by putting the squeeze on labor. The housing, if any, is terrible and if there is none then the max pay around $13, $14 /hr does not go far for rents.

http://inthesetimes.com/working/entry/16755/vermonts_migrant_dairy_workers

22. cube macrumors G5

Where are the trucks made?

What tax rate does the business pay?

23. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

So what you're saying is a vote for Hillary means more awesome tacos?

I think I'm convinced. :p

24. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

He's basically not allowed in PRSI, and of course my jokes aren't anywhere near as funny as his.