Law Firm advising Trump on Business Named 2016 Russia Law Firm of the Year

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jan 11, 2017.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Named by whom?

Found it: "May 2, 2016: Morgan Lewis has been recognized by Chambers & Partners’ 2016 Chambers Europe guide as Russia Law Firm of the Year. The prestigious honor was announced at the publication’s recent annual awards dinner in London, where firms from 24 countries were recognized."

2. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

If you're too lazy to read the links, then you shouldn't bother replying. My .02. It's right there.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

So if Ford is declared truck of the year in Russia does Trump need to trade in all his autos as well?

You realize this is a huge global law firm right? Like 20+ countries big. You gotta be ****ing kidding me.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Despite the OP's click bait title, it's merely another industry insider self-congratulatory award, like the Golden Globes. Except nobody has ever heard of this one.

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Doesn't matter. Every time something like this - something Trump is personally involved with has even a remote link to Russia - it's going to be damaging. True or not. Direct contact or not. This is the trap he has set for himself that he must now live with.

And your Ford analogy is horrible.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 11, 2017 ---
    Click bait title? It's a fact. And naturally a bunch of news sources are picking up on it. But I agree - it's an industry award. But see my response above.

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

He's digging deep on this one, starting to hear the scraping sound towards the bottom of the barrel.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Let's call it "irrelevant " news :D

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

That scraping noise is bedrock. He went through the bottom of the barrel long ago.

9. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Meh hardly. Just passing on information I've read. Your comments though - that's hitting bottom. If you don't like what I post - don't click in or put me on ignore. Otherwise it's clear you are interested in what I post.

10. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I won't put you on ignore, I will click on your links, and I shall loquaciously opine on the news within.

11. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

The proper analogy here is: If Ford build their truck of the year in Russia, would Trump buy a Ford or would he tweet threats at Ford? I think we know the answer to that...

Trump is buying legal services from a firm that is outsourcing 'Merica jerbs to mother Russia, and possible taking legal advice from partners of the comrade-persuasion at that firm.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Ford sucks any way you slice it

13. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Or Trump got legal services from a company big enough to have offices in US, Russia, and 20+ other countries.

Jesus I guess I work for the KGB now since my company has offices in Russia too.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 11, 2017 ---
    More of a Chevy man myself, which is why I would never associate the brand with Russia.

14. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I think we found the leak!

15. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

да

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

They're reaching for anything at this point. None of there gotchas have actually got him.

17. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

You've missed the point. It's cool.

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

I agree. And to add on to that, Trump bashed Hillary for making paid speeches for Goldman Sachs, meanwhile he has multiple of Goldman Sachs partners to join as advisors in the White House. Hypocrisy much???